“Lovely pub and lovely staff”
Review of Moon Inn

Moon Inn
Ranked #19 of 239 Restaurants in Hereford
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We were staying at Lucksall caravan park and decided to have an evening meal at The Moon. We were made to feel very welcome and the food was lovely. However, I wish the chef had kept the staff informed of changes to the menu. The landlord had told me that the soup was artichoke and I was really looking forward to it. When the soup arrived it was tomato! I informed the landlord and he took it back and returned with the artichoke soup, telling me that the chef had just made the soup for the sunday lunch and was trying it out. The problem was quickly rectified and the soup and our main courses were lovely. I then ordered apple crumble (which was a standard desert on the menu) but when it came, it was blackberry and blackcurrant. I didn't mind so I didn't say anything. The staff were so lovely the landlord's wife even offered to drive us back because she said the road was dangerous. What a lovely offer! We declined because we wanted to walk off our meal. Would definitely return!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We were rather disappointed that of the 6 dishes on the specials board, 3 were unavailable- if that's the case, take them off! We were left with second or third choices, not an ideal situation. The quality varied enormously, the game pie was very good, the lasagne ok but served with very tired salad, and the sea bass had seen better days.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I think I had the best pub Sunday lunch ever yesterday! We were a party of 4, and chose 3 different roasts between us, and all were perfect. Well done to all the staff for a great meal and lovely atmosphere. There was a group of 18 people celebrating a special occasion so all size groups can be catered for. Highly recommend.

1  Thank sistersandie
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Very friendly staff at this country style pub. The food was well cooked and the portion sizes are very generous. We visited on a Friday night and the restaurant area was quiet - but that was why we chose to visit a pub out of the city centre. Overall we felt is was good value for money.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We were staying at the nearby Lucksall caravan site and decided to eat at the Moon on a Saturday evening. We did call earlier in the day to book a table but the owners made sure they could accommodate us at the time we wanted.

It was a wet and cold evening but the welcome, service, food, beer and atmosphere all made it a very enjoyable evening. We had the goats cheese starter which was in the best eaten, and followed by the puff pastry steak pie with new potatos and veg. It was very good quality and very enjoyable. We would definitely revisit and even go out of the way.