“Great new management and good food”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hereford
Poston Mill Holiday Home and Touring Park
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We had heard good reports of the newly managed restaurant/pub here so a friend and I booked a table for Sunday Lunch in early April and were given a friendly welcome and a great table downstairs in a corner of the bar area.

The Old Water Mill is set in manicured grounds - and on one of Herefordshire's quieter roads. They've even been along and filled in some of those pot-holes!

I was pleased that the Real Ale on offer was from Wye Valley Brewery, my favourite local Brewery. My friend ordered a G&T. We ordered a bottle of Chilean Merlot to have with our lunch which we found to be very palatable. Roast Turkey for me and Roast Beef for my friend. The waiter brought out good hot food on nice hot plates. That’s what I like, hot plates! It came with a good selection of vegetables, a Yorkshire pudding which wasn’t too large and hot gravy.
We gave ourselves a bit of a rest before ordering pudding, which of course we didn’t need but had to have! All puddings are made on the premises, none of your bought in puddings here. My friend’s Sticky Toffee Pudding with Ice Cream was large and delicious. My cheesecake made with White Chocolate and Bailey’s liqueur went down very well too!

Verdict: Good food, served hot, friendly host, pleasant surroundings, competitively priced. We would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank zirconia
There are newer reviews for Poston Mill Holiday Home and Touring Park

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Paid for winter storage and summer storage with store and tow,as we were told we were to be vetted for a seasonal pitch because we have children.They said we will be fine for a seasonal for 2014. So we Paid for winter storage. A couple of weeks later they said " we don't really give seasonal pitches to people with children. Please don't fall for the same thing we did. They had aprox £2000.00 off us.

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank Zaczac1
julieposton, Public Relations Manager at Poston Mill Holiday Home and Touring Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

We have apologised to the customer for a lack of proper communication from us on the issue of store and tow and seasonal pitches. Are park policy is always to give a month's trial storage before a firm contract for Storage and seasonal is entered into.
We will ensure all future customers are made aware of the park policy before contracts are entered into.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

New management in the restaurant and although a very small menu (everything with chips) - the food is very good. Try the Spanish meatballs - absolutely delicious. My husband had rump steak which was cooked exactly as requested.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Jackson13579
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Just had our first weekend away in our new campervan, Very friendly on reception on our arrival. The site and toilet block etc was spotless. even a dog wash to clean the dog after some fantastic walks before going back to our beloved van.
Also had food at the mill on site, new owners. very friendly staff, like the price of the stowford press :). Food was of very good quality and portions were generous and I like my food.
Would recommend both the touring park and the pub for food, even if your just passing it is open to guest not staying at the park.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank pete s s
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This is a well maintained and friendly site with all the facilities you could need. It was just a bit too manicured for our liking but that is no bad thing, particularly if you like manicures...

There was no mobile signal - not their fault I know but something to bear in mind if you like to keep in touch with the world.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My Fiance and I have just returned from a long (four nights) Bank Holiday weekend at Poston Mill. My Fiance has stayed there before but it was my first time. The caravan park is easy to find and the check in was quick, there was a very pleasant lady at reception. Our pitch was well kept and close to amenities. Having stayed at several 5 star adult only parks I was interested to see the difference. The amount of space between pitches in not large - at least between Pitch Q and the end pitch. On our second day our neighbours arrived and after putting up the awning and parking their car directly next to us on the grass, I felt very closed in. In fairness the neighbours moved their car off the grass the next day but when the four of them were sat outside it was still very close with no privacy for us eating our meals, short of closing the curtains. The meal in the restaurant on the first night was excellent. My scampi, chips, peas and tartare sauce was lovely. Unfortunately my fiance ordered a take away scampi on the saturday and it was nothing like my meal. There were less scampi and the chips had been blanched until soft but not the cooked again to make them crispy, also no peas, tartare sauce or lemon so very disappointing.
All in all a very pleasant caravan site. My fiance said that the shower facilities were clean - I use our shower in the caravan so cannot comment. Nothing was too much trouble for the lady in reception, she even delivered a tv aerial to us in her golf buggy - I didn't get her name ( she had short blonde hair and wore glasses) but excellent service.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed over a three day weekend and found this to be one of the best sites we have ever been on.

The grass is like a bowling green, the hedges immaculately clipped, the ground is level well drained and easy to get your tent pegs into. The toilet/showers are completely first class. The owners were polite and helpful. The area is beautiful but quiet with some great walks and wildlife to see. A word on the restaurant. The prices are slightly high at first glance but if you eat there it soon becomes apparent that it is extremely good value. The cuisine is not your average restaurant but something much, much better. I would be very surprised if you were not impressed.

As for the Broughton Pub in Peterchurch, don't bother. we ate there, the food was awful and at £5.95 per course it proved to be a very bad choice. Freezer centre fish in batter and dry oven chips Yuk!. The landlady was nice enough but there were less than welcoming vibes from the locals.

Room Tip: Some slight traffic noise. There is a bit of a hike from the camping area to the W.C. and showers
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hereford
White Haywood Farm B&B
#1 of 1 in Stretton Sugwas
Castle House
Castle House
#1 of 12 in Hereford

Been to Poston Mill Holiday Home and Touring Park? Share your experiences!