“Surprise 2 4 1”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
“Surprise 2 4 1”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Food was just ok my partner and I had a discussion while eating as the price was abit much for quality and a dirty table . Then we got our bill with a meal for free as 2 4 1 service was good from waitress as always smiling.

1 Thank Dan C

Peckham
“Smashing!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

We received a very warm welcome from the barmaid on a rather busy Monday lunch, were seated and given menus. She was more than happy to make my unheard of concoction of a drink (and did so very well) and soon took our order. I have to say mine was great, it was a creamy chicken pie, with a stack of chips as requested, And a steal for somewhere around £8. Infact, given the portion size and quality I was shocked at the value. Needless to say I'll be back as soon as the opportunity grants me, loved it!

Salisbury
“Not sure how they got their award they advertise”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I had a very unappealing meal of mussels here. I don't normally bother to review bad restaurants but I felt a bit ripped off that they advertise receiving some sort of award for being the best in Hereford.

Visited May 2013
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Hit and Miss”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

If you go in and there aren't many customers you may get a decent meal, if they are busy things start to go downhill!
We both had salads which were all limp and going brown, the prawns hadn't been mixed in with the sauce and the side of chips had halved in size. The coffee's are a different size every time you go in and they don't seem to notice if they've only half filled the cup.
A lot of the meals are served on a board which are badly scarred from many knives, is this not a breeding ground for bacteria? One day the board was that waterlogged it was running off the table onto my husbands trousers.
We want to like the place and have had some nice meals there but enough's enough, they're just not consistent!

• Visited February 2014
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Happy customer”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Was looking for somewhere to have our wedding reception after looking on trip advisor tried The Grapes. Joe and his team made us welcome straight away. Joe and staff took away all my worries and made the whole process easy. Nothing was too much trouble.
Tables were beautifully laid.Food was good staff were friendly and attentive. Overall a very good day.

• Visited March 2014