We stayed here for a night while giving a talk in Hereford, as it was pretty much the only hotel with near-flawless reviews. It certainly deserves them - the reception, entrance hall, bar, restaurant for breakfast, and (very attractive) stairway were all spotless and well maintained. Receptionist was lovely and couldn't have been more helpful. Our room had lots of nice attention to detail - full ice-bucket, fresh milk in the fridge, a decanter of sherry ready in arrival free of charge, ground coffee, fresh fruit. Drapery etc was pristine, and the room was quiet even though it was in the main building on the front. The bed was massive, and needed all six big plumpfy pillows. If I were to mention that the red/blue bit on our bathroom tap had come off, so we had to run it to find out which way was hot/cold, it would only be to point out that this was the only minor detail that stood out as less than perfect. We've paid as much in very average hotels, and the price for this room was good value for what we got.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in a quiet area of the city of Hereford, Castle House is a boutique hotel owned by a local farming family. With 24 individually styled suites and bedrooms, and a terraced garden overlooking the old Hereford Castle moat, Castle House has a very special atmosphere. Eight of its rooms are just moments away in a Georgian townhouse called Number 25. The Castle House'Restaurant and Castle Bar and Bistro offer some of the best dining in Hereford and are the domain of one of England's top female chefs, Claire Nicholls. Castle House is perfect for a Hereford wedding, a leisure break in Hereford and the Wye Valley. Explore this lovely city with its magnificent cathedral home to the world-famous Mappa Mundi and Chain Library. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Castle House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle House Hotel Hereford
- Castle Hotel Hereford
- Castle House Hereford, Herefordshire