“Only a quick visit”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Ony had time for a quick drink but this pub ticked my boxes. Bar staff friendly, helpful and attentive. nice atmosphere. Easy to see why this place is a sort of centre of the community

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Roast beef with all the trimmings.... Lovely! The service was good with a great country pub atmosphere!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Great pub, great welcome, great food and will definitely return. Recommendation was proved well informed and even on a quiet night the food and atmosphere for our anniversary was perfect.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We have visited the Bell Inn a few times over the past few weeks and will continue to do so for some time to come on the basis of our experiences so far. Situated just outside of Hereford in the village of Tillington this is a great place for a relaxed lunch.

Despite the rural location it is a very popular destination and I would definitely recommend that you book. There is a lounge bar and restaurant and then a public bar which also allows you to bring you dog along!

We all had roast beef for Sunday Lunch (Herefordshire beef carved for you in the Restaurant) and then a choice of vegetables. My mum loved the parsnips! My Dad loved the apple and rhubarb crumble with custard (which is testament itself as he is a bit of a crumble fanatic). Meanwhile my husband was more than happy with the Tinkerbell Cider (made on the premises). At less than £75 for 4 including mains, desserts, drinks and coffee we felt it was good value.

The team at the Bell Inn are all really friendly and as I said we will be planning a number of future visits I am sure.

Glenn W, Owner at The Bell Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thanks for a great review! Tinker Belle mentioned again! Must find some more apples this year!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Tillington is about 15 - 20 minutes out of Hereford, set in the rolling Herefordshire countryside and definitely well worth visiting for an evening meal.

Our sat-nav struggled to pin-point the pub itself, trying to take us down a little side-road. Don't be fooled; this pub is on the main road through the village.

There is lots of free parking.

They have a decent-sized, dedicated dining room which on the evening we were there accommodated about 35 people on mixed sizes of tables. I was glad we'd booked as the place was full on the Saturday night. It is quite an attractive place with a pleasant ambience and very quiet music playing.

There was 4 of us in our party and from a good menu we had starters, mains and sweets, coffees, a cider and a bottle of wine for £114, so decent value, particularly as the food was all well-cooked and tasty. Quantities were perfect; plenty without being ridiculously excessive. I particularly enjoyed the local 'Tinkerbell' cider.

Service was excellent throughout.

In summary I would say that the meal was great, but that it lacked any kind of wow. Perhaps I'm hoping for too much from what is essentially a pub meal, but that is the only criticism I can find for what was a super meal.

Thank you for taking the time to put up a review. Especially the bit about sat nav etc. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit - especially about the Tinker Belle Cider - it's selling really well! We are quite a large pub with a large beer garden and are always balancing the food with the problems a large premises can bring - especially with good weather when the garden also comes into play so this could account for the lack of "Wow"! Thanks again for the great review.