“Best Take-Away in Hereford”

Sweet Chilli Indian Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 242 Restaurants in Hereford
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Why not enjoy your evening with our exciting new dishes, inspired by some of the amazing modern street food of Mumbai and the many diverse regional flavours served up across India!
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had our first takeaway from here on Friday. The guy we spoke to on the phone was very helpful and the food was delivered quickly, packed well and hot and the poppadoms were fresh (other takeaways please take note!). All the dishes we had were delicious and we will certainly be having more from them in the future. Easily the best takeaway in Hereford!

3  Thank Peno60
There are newer reviews for Sweet Chilli Indian Restaurant

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I seriously love this place. Great choice of Vegetarian food, options of main and side for all of them so I like to order two sides and rice and mix and match. Nice choice of rice - lemon and coriander and coconut and almond are both worth a try! I've brought so many people here and we always agree it's the best Indian in Hereford. Had a takeaway tonight and it was fantastic, but when we go in the service is usually spot on. Recommend going at about 8 because that's when it's busiest - it's never full which is a shame because it's wonderful. We went for my birthday last September and they gave me a complementary shot of flaming Sambuca and a birthday cake! They always recognise me and tell me to say hello to my family. Lovely, personal service. More people should know about this place!

3  Thank Becky D
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had a meal at the sweet chilli whilst visiting Hereford a couple of weeks ago. Chose the restaurant after reading the reviews here, and glad we did. The food and service was excellent. Difficult to say it was the best Indian meal we have ever had, but it was certainly up there. The garlic nan was superb - now that was probably the best I've had.
Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.
Oh, and by the way, the popadoms were fresh!

2  Thank Andy2Swords
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Was taken there on Father's Day, second time we have visited, ordered poppadums and chutneys for starters but the poppadums were stale and the onion salad was not fresh. Sent the poppadums back, but were just reheated over the gas burners ! Not ideal. However, the main courses were were of exceptional quality, being full of flavour and well presented. Would highly recommend, but they need to a little more careful with the basics, as something so small could damage their reputation.

1  Thank petew22
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My daughter and I took my husband here last night for his Father's day treat.
Apart from our poppadoms every last scrap of our meal was delicious and piping hot.
My husband ordered a Naga, it was a lovely smoky hot flavour and the chilli and garlic rice was fluffy and not at all oily.
I had a veggie ceylon and again is was a perfect blend of spice and lemon.
My daughter has a special prawn and paneer sizzler dish and although she was put off my the prawns in their full shells it was very tasty and the sauce was thick. Side dishes of sag dahl and paneer makani were perfect and the naan was hot and light.
Service was attentive but not over-powering, the young men were polite and very helpful.
Love the amount of space we had and the air-con was a bonus on the warm evening.
Excellent all round and can't wait to go again.

2  Thank HerefordGunners