“A Fantastic Evening”
Review of The Pinnacle - CLOSED

The Pinnacle
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Pinnacle is the latest addition to the historic Munstone House hotel. The ethos of the restaurant remains true to the origins of the house, built in 1853 as a hunting lodge for the Duke of Norfolk. whilst we no longer expect you to catch your supper, the ethos remains of using only the freshest of local produce, whether it be the worlds best vodka produced only miles away or our dry aged Herefordshire beef, quality of both food and service are key to the Pinnacle team, We look forward to welcoming you.
Hereford, United Kingdom
“A Fantastic Evening”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My partner and I dined at the pinnacle after hearing such great reviews, and I must say we weren't disappointed. To start with I had the wild mushroom risotto and it was absolutely beautiful and could have ordered it as a main, my partner had the dried meats and that was very delicious too. For our mains we both had the goat’s cheese tart which came with seasonal vegetables this was cooked to perfection and beautifully presented. Overall, the whole evening was fantastic, the food was delicious, the staff were friendly and we were lucky enough to get a private tour of the hotel, and even better… a nightcap for the journey home!!
I very much look forward to returning!!

• Visited May 2014
Hannah F, Guest Relations Manager at The Pinnacle, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for your positive review and we are glad that a serial trip advisor reviewer as your self . We look forward to welcoming your partner and yourself in the near future.

Telford, United Kingdom
“Excellent menu”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Munstone House for 5 weeks in April & May and I believe I had every main course on Pinnacle's menu. I can honestly say that I didn't have a single disappointing meal. It was clear that owner, Chris, and chef, Mike, take a great deal of pride in their work. The highlight was probably the duck, which Mike cooked to perfection. Portion sizes are generous. Usually, when I stay at a hotel (which is a lot) I get bored with the menu fairly quickly and resort to take-aways or local restaurants. At Pinnacle, though, I was very pleased to eat in most nights.
The restaurant is well laid out with some tables that can seat a small group and yet others that suit an intimate meal for two (or one, in my case).
The adjoining bar is well stocked with a good selection of wines, to compliment your meal and spirits for cocktails afterwards.
The waiting staff were always courteous and attentive and well worth any tip you might choose to leave.
If you are staying at the hotel the restaurant compliments it perfectly. If you live in or around Hereford you should put Pinnacle on your list of must-visit restaurants. Enjoy...

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Enever
Hannah F, Guest Relations Manager at The Pinnacle, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
It was a pleasure to have you as a guest/member of the pinnacle formation drinking team for the past 5 weeks. We are glad you both enjoyed the hotel and the food and look forward to seeing you again at the end of August
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Wow”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Well worth a visit chef brill place lovely restaurant warm cosy food to die for staff polite and clean well done to Yvonne for getting this off the ground please look also Munstone House where the restaurant is
Eric

Visited May 2014
Hannah F, Public Relations Manager at The Pinnacle, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Many thanks for your positive review and thank you for supporting a local independant restaurant. We hope to welcome you again soon
Kingsland, United Kingdom
“Both sophistication and culinary excellence!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I was recommended the Pinnacle Lounge by friends of mine. On arrival I was bowled over by the beautiful setting of this imposing Victorian mansion, on entry I was greeted both politely but also with great efficiency. We decided to sit at our table and sample some of the varied cocktails on offer and it was at this point looking around the restaurant you really appreciate the classic opulent  rococo style setting which has been complimented by modern but yet non interfering touches, I honestly don't think there is a more beautiful venue around the area.
Now to the food....... I started with the Mushroom risotto, which is something I love but can often be bland..... This was anything but !, beautifully cooked combined with fresh produce. For my main course I had Chicken with bean compote and halloumi which again was cooked to perfection and beautifully presented. I never write reviews but felt the need to on this occasion because I can genuinely not find fault. Wether you're dining out or organising an occasion this venue should be at the top of your list, neither food of service will come close to disappoint.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Asbdjb
Thankyou for your positive comments and we are glad you had an enjoyable experience at the Pinnacle
Welshpool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sumptuous Dining at affordable prices”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The table had been booked for 18.00 hrs on Easter Monday and the four of us were cordially welcomed on arrival at this wonderful Victorian mansion, the atmosphere of which had been tastefully retained in the decor of the restaurant. Our drinks order was taken at the bar and were brought to us at the table as we chose our starter. We were of one mind and opted for the selection of continental cold meats garnished with young pea shoots and with warm crusty bread and relish. For main course we had all decided on the half-price steak offer (still available even on Easter Monday!). This was the 28 day matured Hereford beef rib-eye which was cooked to absolute perfection and came dressed with an amazing selection of wild mushrooms, watercress and a wonderful version of duchess potato. All served with beautifully cooked vegetables and delicious home-made chips. Without doubt, the steak was the finest I've ever tasted, superbly complemented by the rest of the meal and the surroundings. We were too stuffed to sample the sweets but all in all there are not enough superlatives in the dictionary!

• Visited April 2014
Hannah F, Guest Relations Manager at The Pinnacle, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
We are so happy you enjoyed your meal and thanks you for your great comments!