Aylestone Court Hotel
US$94
US$87
The Pilgrim Hotel(Much Birch)(Great Value!)
US$106
Merton Hotel(Hereford)
US$74
  • Restaurant
US$98
The Priory Hotel(Stretton Sugwas)
US$165
US$114
Travelodge Hereford Grafton(Grafton)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
Premier Inn Hereford Hotel(Hereford)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
Travelodge Hereford(Hereford)(Great Value!)
US$69
Travelodge
All reviewsbowes lyongeorgian hotelevening mealon arrivallovely hoteltown centreenjoyable stayafternoon teabeautiful roomshower roombed was very comfortablemain roadfeel very welcomesconesbreakfast was deliciousstayed here for one nightplenty of parking
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Just spent 2-nights in the Aylestone Court Hotel. Beautiful decor throughout the hotel where the bedrooms were large, comfortable, spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated. Ensuites were a little small but very well maintained (our only gripe.) Staff were exceptionally helpful and always willing to address any questions. Breakfast was excellent and although we did not book an evening meal the resturaunt seemed very busy on both nights of our stay.
On the day of our return the hotel allowed us to remain in the car park after we had checked out to do extra shopping in the town. On our return they kindly offered my mother in law and wife back into the hotel whilst we repaired a "flat" tyre. All in all a lovely hotel run by very kind and thoughtful people, thank you.

Room Tip: The Bowes-Lyon room was stunning more like an apartment.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank morganceg
Reviewed 25 November 2011

This was our third stay at this hotel, which is very conveniently situated for the town.
The rooms are clean and comfortable. We had a nice room at the back of the hotel this time - tastefully decorated and very quiet.
The people that run the hotel are very pleasant.
As usual, a very good breakfast.
We would certainly return and not hesitate in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SukySomerset
Reviewed 25 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel with a group of friends for a wedding nearby. The hotel looks beautiful from the outside and the decor inside is equally lovely. Breakfast was average. The lady we spoke to at breakfast was very friendly and the service was good. It was nice to stay somewhere with actual door keys and with that personal touch that is so lacking in most hotels these days. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms at the top of the house get quite warm, even in November, and if you want to open the window you have the road noise to contend with.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank opun
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I went recently with about 15 people for a birthday lunch. The first thing to say about this place is that the building and interior is stunning and still the finest example of its kind in Hereford. We spent an hour or so in the front bar before sitting down for our meal which was lovelly. The room was cosy and was the perfect welcome for a group of people before a meal. One drawback. but this is a personal thing, they would do well to add a 'real ale' on pump to the bar. Perhaps a Wye Valley beer, John Smiths does not count (BTW I don't work for Wye Valley, I just think they are fine ales).

We chose our meals while we drank and chatted in the bar, and this was the first time I noticed what became a common issue for the rest of the day. The two young chaps serving us were far too timid in getting the menu out and getting everybody's order in, they needed help from some of us to organise things and quite frankly, when I go out for a meal I don't want to do anything other than be served. Simple. The same continued when we moved into the conservatory for the meal. The staff were far too quiet and nervous, and as a result there was a lot of confusion and plate swapping and loads of apologising from the staff. If your serving a meal for 15, take charge and know what everybody is having - that's your job. It bugs me that establishments clearly go for youth because of wages and this is often at the cost of maturaty, experience and ultimately performance. A quality waiter or waitress makes a massive difference.

The quality of the food was dependant on what you had. In my instance I had cod loin which was cold and served on watery veg with a thin tasteless sauce over it and I didn't enjoy it. However mine was the only disappointing choice as the others in the group were happy with there's and generally satisfied. The menu was nice and simple with good variety to choose from and the price per head was good value overall.

We ate in the conservatory and had it entirely to ourselves which was great for a big group. It was also a beautiful setting for a meal, very light and elegant - perfect.

I would go back again based on the setting and the fact that my meal was perhaps a one off, if they could improve the service and inject some confidence into the staff that will make the biggest difference.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank BMWilliams1982
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Had a one night stay here on the weekend. When you first walk into the hotel you are met with a grand hallway and a pleasant greeting. There are two very nice lounge rooms, one with a bar. The rooms were gorgeously decorated and furnished, would have liked to take my bedroom home with me! The bathroom was small, with just a shower, but for a one night stay was perfectly fine and clean.
Breakfast is served in the lovely orangery, which was a fantastic start to the day. A great selection of fruit, cereal and yogurts to choose from. Plus the bonus of a cooked breakfast of your choice, cooked how you like, so a very nice touch.
All in all a lovely stay; staff elfin and friendly and would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011