“Home from Home”

and 1 more site!
Charades Guesthouse
Ranked #8 of 33 Hereford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

If I can't stay with my friend for some reason I would much rather come here than anywhere else!
Rooms are comfy and warm, the bed was amazing and the cooked breakfast was absolutely top notch. I can't say much for the continental stuff because I don't go that way but the whole place is wonderful and the owners were extremely helpful and bent over backwards to see we had everything we needed. My friend and I both have disabilities and it was no problem to move the furniture around a bit to make things easier to access. I was also able to leave medication in their fridge.
The shower was really big inside, and was absolutely amazing. the bathroom was one of those long thin ones. I found the bathroom door gbutted up against the sink which made getting in and out a complete pain unless you opened the door all the way.
The website certainly needs updating because it refers to bits of the premises that have been sold etc.
Access into the property is via a ramp or steps, but neither of these currently have handrails. I have been told that this is on the way, so I can only hope this is done soon to prevent any nasty injuries or extra stress on anyone's part.

We'll certainly be back again.
I love it there and its so close to the city centre too.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Erica C

Reviewed 6 December 2013

My partner and I stayed over after a party in Hereford. The ground floor room was excellent and spacious. The luxury bedding, towels and complimentary beverages were fabulous in the room. The bed was one of the most sumptuous we have ever slept in.Nothing was too much trouble for the owners, who went above and beyond to make our stay special.
The delicious breakfast set us up for the day. The selection of fayre on offer was superb.
There is a good selection of items for vegetarians on offer too.
I would certainly recommend this delightful guest house to anyone wanting a home from home environment, whether it be for a night or a week long stay. The car parking facilities are very good with plenty of spaces.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank paradisas_lady
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Having read several other reviews you might think I am difficult to please but all reviews are personal opinion and this happens to be mine. Firstly the website is misleading as it gives the impression that you are staying in a large house, when in fact it is only half of it as the other half has been sold off. On a positive note the rooms are spacious and clean with all you could need. There was a balcony but the doors were in such a poor state of repair I would not have liked to open them. There was no mirror or plug over a dressing table, which most ladies prefer. I did find the proprietor not very welcoming and when asked about nearby restaurants for an evening meal had trouble in even thinking of any. With regard to breakfast, the cooked breakfast was adequate but the fruit selection was poor as there was only pineapple and grapes in one bowl and another bowl with the remains of grapefruit segments.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Stephanie7
charades, Owner at Charades Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thanks for taking the time for leaving an review , we take all our reviews serous good or bad we have taken on board all your comments , due to the recent changes to the guest house it has taken time to up date information on web-site listings especially with trip advisor. We have tried to keep the original patio doors in the room as we thought it gives the room more character but we have now decided its time to replace them which will take place in the new year, when we will make other changes by moving the mirror from above the fire place to a more convert position. We hope these issues and others you raised didn't spoil your visit to Hereford and hope you will return back in the future .
Regards
Steve Craddock

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed at Charades for a week in August 2013 after my husband had been rushed in to the nearby Hospital. The proprietors were very helpful and the rooms were very clean and comfortable, and there was a good selection for breakfast. It is within walking distance of the town centre and hospital. They were unable to accomodate me for one night, so Mr Craddock booked another hotel for me and transported my luggage to and from the other hotel. Also on the day my husband was released from hospital he transported me and my luggage to the hospital. I will certainly book to stay here if I visit Hereford again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo