“Dirty beer glasses”

Sat, 4/17
20:00
Ranked #90 of 199 Restaurants in Hereford
Reviewed 13 December 2016

I am gutted that after paying £47.50 ahead for a xmas party meal which I expected to be a reasonable night out I was left feeling totally ripped off. There were 12 of us squashed around a table which would have seated only 8 comfortably, the only festive decor was a fairly naked tree on the edge of the 'dance floor' which was in fact smaller than my living room at home. The crackers were such poor quality they had to be seen to be believed and when my husband had the audacity to complain about the continuous use of dirty glasses he was asked to leave!!! What a joke this place really is, the bar staff were well aware there was a problem with them but still persisted in serving beer which after a few minutes had gone totally flat. I would have thought the manageress would have been well aware of the problem and got it sorted quite easily. I definitely would not recommend this place and will certainly never be back.

16  Thank colin2362014
GlosMan02, Manager at Hereford Left Bank, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2017

We have had over a million customers through our doors and I think it is fair to say that you and your husband have been our most obnoxious clients by a country mile. You were thrown out of the premises by our security staff at the request of other guests. Your husband only wanted to drink Stella lager, and seemed not prepared to accept that we do not sell that brand. We even gave him a brand-new glass straight from the box (rinsed first) when he complained that his glass was dirty. This wasn’t good enough either. You suggest that your husband had the “audacity” to complain. I think it was more like bullying members of our junior staff. We have a duty of care to protect our staff from people like yourselves and for this reason, under no circumstances are either of you to set foot in the Left Bank or De Koffie Pot ever again. There was a massive cheer when you were thrown out on this occasion and even members of your own party were apologising for your behavior. Victor Meldrew is supposed to be an object parody not a role model. Get a life and cheer up a bit, and then glasses will no longer appear to be dirty. Looking through your other TripAdvisor contributions, we see that you haven’t got a good word to say about anyone. It’s kind of ironic that if people like yourselves didn’t attend our functions then we would save a packet on security and we could charge less for our Christmas Meals.

Write a reviewReviews (91)

Reviewed 12 December 2016

Christmas gathering with friends at the left back Saturday night. Awful. Food was dire. Pork roll with the meat gauged out of the pig by a gloved catering assistant. Vegetarian option not separated from the meat option so the greedy guts helped themselves to both. A wheat free option had clearly been pre-ordered but staff denied all knowledge. No second course. All this crap for £20 a head. Not acceptable in my opinion. Sadly I've found every function attended at the LB to be a shambles. Wish I hadn't bothered; Certainly after fights broke out on every floor. Never again :-(

13  Thank StarFlower8
GlosMan02, Manager at Hereford Left Bank, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2017

For goodness sake: This was advertised as a Hog Roast with a Disco, it’s not “an audience with Gordon flipping Ramsey”. What you get at a Hog Roast is a roast Pig which is ripped apart by a gloved assistant. Did you expect it to be served by one of the Chippendales butt naked, wearing just a Dickie Bow? There was plenty of food including the Veggie option, we always keep some back for the last customers to be served just in case the first guests have a good appetite. They are not “Greedy Guts” as you put it, there are typical customers who like to have a Hog Roast. Of course there was no second course, if you want a second course at a Hog Roast you go back for another Pork roll. I’m surprised you didn’t mention the lack of After Eight mints not followed by a glass of Port.
At the risk of seeming slightly controversial may I suggest that a Hog Roast evening may not be the best choice of events for a gluten intolerant Vegetarian? We are delighted to cater for gluten free Vegetarians, our riverside café “de Koffie Pot” does precisely that. DKP specialises in Vegetarian food which is served all day and all evening. You can eat indoors in the Bohemian Café, or upstairs in a spectacular room with wooden beams and fairy lights. If alfresco is your preference, then you can eat outdoors in all weathers adjacent to the river Wye enjoying our fire pits and the best views in Hereford.

Reviewed 5 December 2016

I recently had my 50th Birthday Party here and have to say how fantastic everyone involved was. Zoe the Events Coordinator was so helpful and every little thing I wanted doing was sorted out without any problems. The buffet food was delicious and the river views from the balconies are wonderful. I would have no hesitation in recommending Hereford Left Bank as a top venue.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

Great place to chill and meet friends in an unique and relaxing environment. Great and friendly staff happy to help and advise from the intriguing and if somewhat small menu. Scots Eggs are a delight. Butty Bach Wye Valley beer is a must.
Not sure what the main buildings (Left Bank) have to offer these days? But no need to venture beyond the Very good Coffee Pot.
Keep up the good work here management & Staff - always a good place to visit.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

Went for lunch with friends at De Koffie Pot. Great salad, service and a good craft beer, music playing live outside. Very enjoyable time.

Date of visit: October 2016