“Nice food with slow service”
Review of Starting Gate

Starting Gate
Ranked #131 of 239 Restaurants in Hereford
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

We eat here quite often as its one of the only chain restaurants in Hereford offering value for money meals and offers. The service is slow but that seems more to be a lack of staff at peak times rather than the staff themselves. The all you can eat breakfast is worth it and its wise to book for lunch times.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stayed at the premier inn next door and only had breakfast here so I can't comment on the evening meals. The breakfast however was well cooked and plentiful. My daughter was in heaven with a buffet style breakfast bar and it was good value as kids eat free. The staff were friendly and attentive although the restaurant was not overly busy. I would recommend for breakfast, however I would not recommend the premier inn attached as you can see in my separate review.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

This place is a very basic eating house, the food is very basic, menu not that extensive.
The ambience lacks warmth it is not inviting.

Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

Have been here a couple of times the service is not good you may have a nice waitress but they will be so busy they won't have time to get your drinks on this last occasion the food was so bad I cannot believe we paid my husbands steak was so bad he sent it back the second wasn't any better !!!! Lost all faith in beefeater get a ready meal !!!

Reviewed 11 May 2013

THIS IS A RESTAURANT ADJOINING THE PREMIER INN . .
on the bank holiday sunday it was very busy but my friend and i managed to get a table away from the bar our waiter was a little on the dozy side so service tended to be bit slow but the quality of food was very good and not overpriced and comfortable seating