“Mediocre”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Wales
“Mediocre”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Called her for lunch and Ordered steak and burger and was told the steak would take 25 minutes to cook which I accepted even though should only take half the time! The burger was fine but my steak was very tough and don't think I will bother going to a Beefeater again as obviously all outlets will have the same supplier. Staff were fine and friendly

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Minnie62

Cirencester, United Kingdom
“Service saves the day”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

If you want a steak, go to a Beefeater, well maybe.

The Flat Iron steak is the ideal size if you don't have a good appetite, but it has to be good quality, or marinated. My wife has good teeth so she managed to eat most of hers, but it isn't something that she would order again.

My Ribeye was order rare and arrived cold. The waiter took it back and it was re heated to medium rare and arrived with fresh chips. Not the best steak that I've had, but ok.

As compensation, we were offered complimentary desserts, which was a nice gesture and given without prompting, so "good service saves the day".

I'm of an age when Beefeater was THE place to go for a good steak. I don't know how well they do these days, but I won't be going back until l hear that the quality of the meat has improved to match the good service that we received.

Visited April 2014
Woking, UK
“Surprisingly good!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We were staying in the adjacent Premier Inn for three nights and ate at the Beefeater for the first two - there's nowhere else near as far as I know.

It's years since we ate in a Beefeater & I didn't have high hopes. We had one starter, the salt & pepper prawns & I really enjoyed them. To follow, my wife had the grilled salmon, I had the veggie burger which was good. The so-called "ultimate" chips were unavailable but in fact my wife had them the next night & they were nothing special, not as good as some other frozen chips. We both really enjoyed our meals. An espresso to finish was OK.

We returned next night, the prawns were off but the waitress offered calamari which weren't on the menu & were really nice, tender & tasty. My wife had the grilled salmon again, I had the grilled tilapia with boiled potatoes which initially was lovely until I realised it wasn't cooked in the middle, When I pointed this out to our waitress (Emma), quick as a flash she said the cost would be taken off my bill and they'd do a new one. It turned out perfect.

• Visited March 2014
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Decent burgers on new menu”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Went to the starting gate tonight to try out the steak burgers on the new menu. The food came out quickly enough and they accommodated my fussy requirements (plain burger, etc). We got our drinks refilled quickly and the food was great. The only quibbles were that it was a bit cold in the part of the restaurant we were sat in and our daughters skinny fries were a bit crispy. I'd love to go back and try some more items on the new menu, better than the last time we went here.

• Visited March 2014
“Ticked the boxes ....”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Ate here during a half way stop on our journey down to Cardiff from the North. All four of us had a starter and main meal.

Food was plentiful and tasty with no room spare for a pudding! Couldn't ask for more.