Leadon House Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsbreakfast was excellenteastnor castleon arrivaltown centrewarm welcomecharlotteedwardiansuite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Currently sitting in the nearby Full Pitcher pub, digesting breakfast, after staying in the Coach House apartment at the Leadon House Hotel for two nights. From the moment we arrived, we felt welcome by the friendly young chap who greeted us at reception. We were a little early, but he was happy to get us set up and then quickly left us to get on with things.

Let's get the negatives out of the way first, there aren't many. The toilet flush is a bit weird, but we eventually found out the trick to getting it to work -- you gotta flush that mother 3-4 times in quick succession.

The decor is a little dated, but this will only matter if you're the kind of person who uses words like decor. Furniture and appliances are slightly dated, but again, they're functional and will only bother the truly boring.

The bed is a bit too firm, but some people like that, so what can you do? The missus went for an improvised pillow mattress, which worked well.

Positives! It's a lovely apartment. Nice big kitchen, comfy furniture (pillows were amazing), all the things you need, really. Shower was good, the house was clean, and despite the sweltering heat outside, the house was perfectly cool. Again, the hosts were lovely and unseen, which is pretty much what we like. Location wise, it's a decent walk to the town center and we'd find somewhere closer in future, probably, but this was poor research on our part, obviously. All in all, it was great value for money and we'd heartily recommend it.

If you do find yourself needing a lift, you only need one number in your mobile, which is G&T Private Hire -- 07992126136 or 01531636644. The driver is ridiculously lovely, charming and friendly and unlike the first company we used, didn't shaft us with a tourist tax.

Also, Ledbury itself is bloody lovely.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank HazzandBec
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This Guest House is located outside Ledbury and you need a car to get into town. My room (described as a superior) was adequate but old fashioned. The bed was comfortable but the water in the morning at 7.30 was cold (there were 4 guests at breakfast when I got down at 8.15 and I guess they'd used it all up). The lorries trundling down the main road outside the house are noisy, despite the secondary glazing, The noise from the loos in the other rooms is noticeable and other guests can be heard clearly when they return. The breakfast was good and served by a charming lady but the tables are cramped and very close together which ensures that everyone shuts up or talks in a whisper. This place is expensive for what you get. I paid £220 for two nights which I consider to be more than it's worth.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which doesn't face the main road!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 362Richardb362
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed for a relatives wedding at Eastnor Castle and found it to have been a good choice, the owners were very helpful and welcoming, the room a good size, clean and comfortable, and the breakfast very tasty and plenty of it. They were also kind enough to post my phone charger back to me that I left behind - thank you.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

We were made so very welcome.shown our room which was huge, spotless and beautifull bed mmm was so comfy. We had an evening meal which was delicious and such good value for money. Chilled outr with a nice couple of glasses of wine. Ready for the next day festivities a family wedding at eastnor castle.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank June G
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I wish I had stayed for more than one night in Leadon House. Charlotte and Paul, the proprietors, are very sweet. They accommodated vegan and omnivorous meal/snack requests on the fly and provided excellent food and heaps of hospitality. My partner, stepson and I stayed in a family room with an en suite and found it very spacious and comfortable. The black-out curtains allowed us an excellent night's sleep. The B&B is just minutes from the center of Ledbury. I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family