“Excellent! Simply Amazing!”
Review of Oasis Lodges

Oasis Lodges
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I will probably not make sense whilst writing this review. I loved the place so much I just can't say enough!

We stayed in the Dragonfly lodge in June 2012. Diane the owner showed us everything and how it worked. The accomodation was perfect. Everything was spotless, and really big - Lots of room for your own stuff. (although there was only the three of us and it sleeps 6).

The road is so far away from the lodges that it didn't bother us in the slightest. We were really lucky/spoilt as we were the only people staying at the time we were there so there wasn't any noise from any where else either! We had woodland to the front and fields behind.

The hot tub is lovely. A little day to day maintence require whilst there if you use it but nothing difficult and they show you what to do. This allows them to leave you alone if you so wish, rather than them come up to your lodge while you are there. We used this every night and our daughter loved it! It was lovly to relax, have a glass of wine and watch the swallows darting about the sky.

The owners don't live on site, however I believe they use one of the lodges for themselves when they are there. We did see them for short times each day while they were doing maintence, water plants etc, but they weren't there much.

Inside the lodge we had everything we needed. We bought our own towels from home for use in the hot tub, otherwise we wouldn't have had them dry for the morning showers. Also as there were only three of us, we only got three bath towels/sheets supplied. I have long hair which requires an additional towel. I'm sure if I'd have asked we could have gotton another, but we managed perfectly fine without.

The central heating was lovely on a couple of chilly mornings (I think we stayed in the worst June ever!). It was also nice to have a full sized kitchen with appliances. We ate in on two night and out on two so being able to store food in the fridge and frezzer was handy. As was the dishwasher!

We didn't want to leave! And would certinaly love to go back and are hoping to save up to do so next year.

Room Tip: All the lodges look fab! Choose what suits you best.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank SilverEm
There are newer reviews for Oasis Lodges

Reviewed 29 May 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for the weekend in May in Lily lodge and loved every bit of it. We've been to lots of hoseasons lodges and this was one of the very best!

The lodge was well laid out, clean and private. The hot tub was private too. And we watched stars on a night in the silence of the rolling countryside.

One of the best things was the natural pool which we swam in every day. Total bliss and it felt like you were in an idyllic dream.

Could not fault the owner who we met who made us feel welcome and was very pleasant.

All in all a real treat and highly recommended. Ledbury was just minutes away too.

Thankyou for a wonderful stay and we hope to return again soon! Loved it!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Frank S
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We were looking for somewhere for 6 ladies of a certain age (40+) to enjoy a relaxing weekend in a lodge (log cabin) with the hot tub, I'd done a lot of searching and most of these places are quite commercialized on large sites which wasn't what we wanted with regard to privacy but then I found Oasis Lodges, there are only 4 lodges and they are very well set out. We stayed in Lily Lodge, very well furnished and clean and very spacious too, a king size and twin bedroom upstairs that shared a shower room and adult bunks (small room but fine) downstairs with another shower room. The kitchen was well equipped but does lack 6 wine glasses - there were plastic ones which we used while in the hot tub but it would have been nicer to have glass ones for dinner at the table. Plenty of everything else though.

The hot tub was situated at the side of the lodge which was really private but it wasn't really big enough for all 6 of us to be in at one time without a bit of a squeeze and the water overflowing, which was a little disappointing. There is also an eco pool which was amazing but really cold only one of us was brave enough to go in and even though it was really cold (March time) when she came out she said it was wonderful and highly recommended it as being very refreshing! Lots of loungers were available as we had amazing weather we spent most of our time outside during the day.

Overall a really lovely, well set out lodge and surrounding area which I would recommend to all, and one which we will being returning to.

Room Tip: Lily lodge was the best.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Barlowsgirl
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Arrived to a lovely welcome from both Roland and Diane, the owners. We were shown how everything worked and advised on local attractions. We stayed in the smaller lodge called tadpole. This is ideal for couples. You can hear a little road noise but it isn't close to the road and this didn't spoil it for us at all. We loved the open plan lounge, dining room and kitchen. My favourite part of the lodge was the large terrace/veranda at the front. This had two comfortable chairs and also a garden table and four chairs which are perfect for catching the afternoon sun. The lodge overlooks a pond which you can swim in, although it was a little cold to try in March. The main bedroom is quite small but adequate, although the layout wasn't the best. There was only one bedside table, meaning i had nowhere to put my drink and specs etc. The second bedroom is also quite small with 2 single beds but again it would benefit from a bedside table inbetween them. The shower room had a lovely big shower and a very useful heated towel rail which was very useful for drying the towels after using the hot tub. The hot tub which is suitable for up to 2 people is a great benefit. It overlooked a field of horses and had slabs leading up to it. We spent every evening in the hot tub gazing at the stars. In regards to cleanliness, it was generally clean, however i feel it lacked attention to detail. Some of the crockery wasn't clean (i guess not washed properly from previous guests.) There were bits in the cutlery tray and a lot of limescale on the draining board. Nothing major but could be improved. We were only given 2 bath towels and 2 hand towels for a 5 day break. Luckily we did take extra. On the whole, we felt that it was good value for money, had a fab time due to it's excellent location and would definitely go again.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank JenniferTelford
Reviewed 10 March 2012

We booked the Oasis Lodges through Hoseasons as a late booking for a family holiday with our 9 month old son and his grandparents. We had stayed in similar accomodation before in other areas of the country and had really good breaks, so were optimistic about this holiday. However the Oasis Lodges is a cut above the rest for a variety of reasons. The lodges are located in a rural location which is quite literally off the beaten track and this makes the lodges very secluded and quiet, great for kids. The views from the lodges are of fields which are full of horses and my son really enjoyed going to look at the animals. Each lodge has its own hot tub and there is also a communal sauna on site which is a nice extra added touch.

We stayed in the Dragonfly which I believe is one of the bigger lodges available, sleeping 6. We were allowed to arrive early which was a big help with a small baby and I was especially grateful as they had just finished cleaning when we arrived, so our early arrival must have put some pressure on the staff to clean the lodge in time for us, so I would like to say thank you for letting us arrive early and settle in with our little one. The lodge was spotlessly clean; a really high standard throughout and this goes for the cot and highchair that came free of charge. The lodge itself was finished to a really high standard - really good quality furniture and really well equipped with utensils and equipment. Also comes with a washing machine AND washing powder which is very helpful when holidaying with a baby!

The lodges themselves are really well located for all of the major towns and cities and easy to find. The owners gave us a really warm welcome on arrival and were really pleasant throughout.

The only criticism I would make and I hope that it is found to be constructive is the siting of the hot tub. It would be vastly improved by extending the decking round to incorporate the hot tub or slab the whole area round the hot tub. At present it is accessed by slabs laid down in a stepping stone fashion which would be fine in summer but at the time we went it was quite muddy round by the hot tub and if you weren't careful you could end up putting your bare foot in a big patch of mud! It sounds like a small thing but it was quite annoying at times; if it weren't for this I would have rated the lodges as excellent.

All in all would definitely go back to Oasis Lodges and would have no hesitation recommending them to others looking for self catering accomodation in the Ledbury area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lezelee
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Stayed in the Lily Lodge back in October with my fiance, parents, brother & his girlfriend. It was gorgeous and very relaxing. The standard of the lodge was very good and views were lovely. The Hot Tub was amazing and was out of the way from any other guests. The donkey and pig were also very entertaining.
We were close to Hereford for a spot of shopping and there were also lots of places nearby to eat or have a drink.
The owners were also very nice and welcoming. I have been to quite a few lodges with Hoseasons and this was the best. We are looking to go back in November this year, don't hesitate just book it!!!

Room Tip: Lily lodge was best!
Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Annamarie T
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I stayed in Tadpole Lodge with my boyfriend in December and it was lovely! The lodge itself was warm and cosy, with everything you need e.g. pans, cutlery, TV, DVD player, washing up liquid, towels. The lodge was finished to a high standard and everything was spotless. The private hot tub was amazing - it overlooks fields so it feel really private and it was lovely to go in it in the evening. Yes, you can see the other 2 lodges from it, but we didn't mind this. Our lodge is]]was the smallest of the 3 and the 2 bedrooms were small but seeing as the living room was so spacious and cosy, you'd only use the bedrooms for sleeping anyway so that's not a problem.

Seeing as it was snowing when we were there, we obviously didn't go in the pond but I can tell it would be gorgeous in the Summer. We didn't use the sauna either but again, that was spotless and seemed high end with all sorts of settings and light options!

The lodges are semi-close to a road but there is woodland in between and it's a country road so I really can't imagine it ever being busy. At no point did I hear any noise or see any traffic to remind me it was there.

We didn't really do a great deal of acivities during our stay but I know there's loads of walking trails that you can do. We did go into Ledbury and although it is pretty, there's not an awful lot there to be honest. There are bigger towns nearby that you can drive to for a day trip if you wanted to though.

On a final point, the owners were friendly and really helpful, making us feel welcome, which is always a bonus.

We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely revisit - I'd recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple