“great family run campsite with everything u need set in a wonderful location”
Review of Berrow House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ledbury
Berrow House
Ranked #17 of 20 Ledbury B&B and Inns
“great family run campsite with everything u need set in a wonderful location”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Great stay, was warmly welcomed by Mary who looked after me for the whole 2 weeks stay a very friendly helpful family..great accommodation with everything u'll need on your visit,would recommended for a stay and will surely visit again soon..thanks again Andy x

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 10 January 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE. Staff were not here when they were supposed to be. We arrived and had to wait for over an hour for the owner to come and give us keys and the tour of the place even after telling us that they were definitely there all day. Rooms are mouldy and stink. There is NO heating. Outdoor temp. was about 10C, indoor temp was maybe 15C. Outdoor Showers, . Extremely Tiny rooms. Not signposted. Don't believe what you see on their website for this hostel. It is extremely bad and it is NOTHING like what it appears on their website.
Don't just trust my word for it, read the other reviews.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank 89Marty89

Travellers are raving about these Ledbury hotels

Winchester
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We had booked the 4 beds in the Fold for a post-Christmas getaway with the family, but as we arrived we knew it was a mistake. No way could we have slept, cooked and eaten in there, as there was no seating area and only tiny kitchen, shower room and bunkrooms. Fortunately, the Bunkhouse was empty, and we were offered that. It clearly would not comfortably sleep 8 as the 8th bed was actually just a sofa and the seating area was very crowded. The heating was just about adequate, but the kitchen (without any heating) was very cold. No need to put anything in the fridge, and fingers needed reviving in hot water after cooking. But it was dry, with plenty of hot water in the sink, basins and showers, and a good selection of crockery and cooking utensils. No sign of the boot washing or drying facilities. The owners were very friendly, but really need to put a bit more thought into the accommodation they provide for £12 pppn. This bunkhouse is really OK for a crash night, but not for a longer stay, which is a real shame as the location is fantastic for walking.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank gnhWinchester
Ilkeston
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I was part of the reunion referred to by @aroundtheworld76 and was the first of the 3 of us to arrive. After having to call for directions due to the sat nav thinking I had arrived about 1/2 mile before I had I was greeted by the owners who could not have been more welcoming. However upon being shown the accomodation I was a little disheartened!
We stayed in The Fold, which is basically a higgledy piggledy collection of lean to buildings. You have to step outside to get to the kitchenette which is quite bizarre. The whole place smelled very musty and I think that there have probably been leakage issues in the past due to the stains on all of the ceilings.
The bathroom is small to the point of being almost unusable! I am only 5ft 4in tall and am not blessed wiith the longest of legs but even I found it impossible to sit on the loo and shut the door due to the fact that the sink overhangs the loo and the door isn't 18" away from the edge of the loo, thus I had to sit with one foot in the shower cubicle! The actual shower itself is lovely and hot and reasonably powerful but the cubicle was quite dirty and grimey with a shower curtain that has seen better days.
The kitchenette was reasonably well equipped but everything seems like it needs a good clean and it is perhaps time that the utensils, pots and pans were replaced.
The actual bunk bed seemed quite comfortable and despite the rather claustrophic atmosphere, I personally slept quite well, however I know that my friends did not and so for that reason I have to score the "sleep quality" down.
Returning to my height once more, even at 5'4" I spent the entire week bending down to get through doors. We decided that it was actually like staying in a hobbit hole!
The outdoor area consists of an extremely steep hill behind the buildings (the top of which incidentally, is the only place that you can get a mobile signal and even then it is sporadic), and a couple of picnic tables next to a defunct water feature which has sadly now become a stagnant pool of water. All of this is next to an extremely busy A road although it does quieten down in the evening.
Because the weather was good we were able to spend the entire two days outside except for when we actually slept.
Overall we had a great weekend but that was because of the company and not because of the accomodation.
The owners were absolutely lovely and seemed quite proud of the facilities, so I do feel quite bad in giving Berrow House a poor review but, I think the whole place needs an awful lot of TLC and at the very least a thorough deep clean to bring it back up to some kind of acceptable standard. I can't see it passing any kind of quality or safety inspection. As my friend commented in her review, I think that it is all perhaps getting a bit too much for them now.
All this said, for £12 per night each, I suppose one can't expect much more, but it is probably best suited to walkers who are just passing through rather than anyone who wants a nice relaxing break.

Room Tip: Do not stay here if you are looking for something that is a step up from camping...stick to camping!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Devon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Myself and 2 lady friends had a reunion here for 2 nights. The accommodation is very very basic and really only suffices as a 'crash' accommodation for those youngsters doing walking trips and suchlike. I would not recommend it for anything else really. The room I slept had two windows but neither opened and so it was like being in a smouldering cave. The toilet/shower room was so small it as very difficult to use the facilities therein. The kitchen is in need of doing up and the utensils are worn out. The whole place needs a facelift and complete clean.
Pros: The owners seemed very kind and welcoming, but I think the upkeep of this place is getting too much for them perhaps? The accommodations are situated next to a very busy and noisey road which only quietens after about 6pm. Although we had a happy reunion time together and made full use of the picnic table situated just below the field that runs steeply up the side of the accommation. I would not like to think what one would do in bad weather. It looks like the accommodation leaks as there are water stains on all ceilings.

Room Tip: There is only one tip I would give. Only stay here if you are looking for basic basic and dont mind...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Summerbreeze345
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I stayed just one night in the Fold part of the bunkhouse. Me and two other boys (Early 20's) were doing a Lands End to John O Groats cycle trip after finishing university!

I arrived before my friends as I got a taxi the last few miles due to bike troubles. On my arrival I was welcomed and settled in by Mary, one of the owners! I had no supplies and was made a cup of tea and told about where I could get my bike fixed and pick up any supplies we needed. So I can definately give a 10 out of 10 for helpfullness and friendlyness!

The bunkhouse itself has all the cooking equipment you could ever really need and plenty of space! Even though there were only three of us you can tell there would be room for easily 4 or 5 more!

Further testiment to the helpfulness here, we had forgotten to pick up food before getting to the place and were all exhausted from our days cycle. We were offered a lift into Ledbury to get food and had a lovely barbeque that evening!

I cant personally recommend the Berrow bunkhouse enough! Was a great friendly stay! I will hopefully be coming back soon!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Lovely little campsite in a very good location for local sightseeing and walks. Well equipped kitchen, good showers and quirky sleeping quarters in the Fold, Nook and Bunkhouses. The owners are lovely and bent over backwards to make our stay pleasant and enjoyable. We had several children in our party and we felt that they were safe whilst on site.

• Stayed May 2013