“Lazy lunch with friends”

The Oak Inn Staplow
Ranked #6 of 59 Restaurants in Ledbury
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2015

we've not been to the Oak for a while now, so it was an obvious choice when a luncheon opportunity arose. Our mozzarella and tomato starter was just right with no frivolous greenery and full of zest. Our main course was slow-cooked belly pork. Cooked to perfection and superbly presented. A couple of pints of Ledbury Gold set the right scene, finishing with the usual Americano with hot milk. So good I had two!
The restaurant was surprisingly quiet for a Friday, and we sat in the big bow window watching the clouds scudding by. A very good and relaxing two hour lunch

1  Thank Pinkertonx

Reviewed 5 September 2015 via mobile

Visited The Oak with my partner and it was great. The food was top class (I had the steak), service was friendly and enjoyable and the B&B was excellent! Also loved the garden area. All in all, I will definitly be returning there in the near future!

1  Thank Adam B
Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

We arrived for a birthday meal. Unfortunately the menu had changed prior to our arrival and the pregnant lady of the group struggled to find something she could eat and enjoy. The staff did everything they could to solve the problem! We did end up going elsewhere once we'd finished our drinks just to satisfy everyone in the party. The staff were very understanding and we felt awful for leaving! 5* just for the friendly greeting and understanding! We plan to visit again and look forward to it.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

Recently my boyfriend and I stayed at The Oak Inn Staplow the rooms were absolutely amazing. We also ate in the restaurant where I had the steak which was fantastic.
The staff are all very friendly, efficient and the atmosphere is great.
Highly recommend The Oak.

3  Thank Lady345
Reviewed 29 August 2015

This is my first review on tripadvisor and for the very good reason that this is the first time that I have felt moved enough to do so.

On entering we were met with a friendly greeting before we even reached the bar. I'm a real ale man and the choice of Bathams, Wye Valley and Ledbury ales in a pub that majors on food made a good first impression. I went for the Ledbury Gold and it was in excellent condition,

The food was "very, very good". We only had olives and bread to start, but you know things are going to go well when even this is noteworthy. For mains, my wife had cod with a nicoise salad which went down very well and I had the pork belly which is ubiquitous these days but difficult to get just right. In this instance it was perfectly cooked with (separate) crackilng, smooth mashed potato, crispy vegatables and a croquette to die for. The croquette consisted of pulled pork, cheese and black pudding and is one of the most magnificent things that I have ever eaten.

It's a lovely pub, the service is friendly and very attentive, it sells good beer and the food is exceptional. We will be back.

3  Thank GLH58