“Good night out in Hertford town”
Review of Peking House - CLOSED

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I was part of a group of five looking for a meal in central Hertford and we decided to go for a Chinese, so found the Peking House in Fore St. For a town with so many restaurants there seems a definite lack of choice for this type of cuisine; this seems the only one in the town centre. The Peking House is rather traditional in décor and menu, but seems reliable on this showing, and I was pleased with the very attentive and friendly service. We chose one of the set meals and everything was eaten up enthusiastically. I am puzzled by the previous review saying that there was not enough food as we had plenty, and all was perfectly OK without being particularly notable. The restaurant itself was warm and comfortable and the general atmosphere was fine. As I say, very middle of the road in general, but perfectly pleasant and useful for the area. There doesn't appear to be a website so I can't confirm meal details... However, if you want a big choice of restaurants in Hertford you'd be better off choosing a different type of cuisine!

There are newer reviews for Peking House

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Lovely warm welcome from the staff here at Peking House. We ordered 2 starters, mains with rice and a bottle of wine totalling £55 which was excellent value for the quality of food and wine! I recommend the hot soup and the chicken ginger and spring Onion! beautiful!

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Picked up my take away to come home to beef rice when i specifically checked he got down egg fried rice as I'm a vegetarian. When I rang back he told me "I can't prove who said it wrong or wrote it done wrong' "what do you expect me to do' the managers words to precise. Shocking after I spent €46. Terrible way to talk to your paying customers. Would never order there again.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Dined at the Peking House yesterday (September 1st) and wasn't disappointed.
The food is delicious, presented well and excellent value for money. The service was second to none, the waitresses are all attentive and friendly.
The chicken and sweetcorn soup is LOVELY and the crispy shredded beef is divine!
Its my 2nd time dining at the Peking House, and I love the food so much I'm planning on my next visit very soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I have only ever eaten in the restaurant so can not comment on take away service. Always enjoyed the food and service. Love the Peking duck with pancakes. Also pak choi isn't on the menu but have always asked for some and have had it.