“Fabulous service in traditional surroundings...!”

Salisbury Arms Hotel
Ranked #6 of 107 Restaurants in Hertford
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The oak paneled restaurant of the Salisbury Arms Hotel is a wonderful place for lunch. With excellent service and a delicious menu, the traditional surroundings make for a great atmosphere...! I'm already looking forward to next time...!

1  Thank Chris2421356707655

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I arrived early to meet friends and went into the bar for a drink. It was like a time warp back to the 70's. When I asked for a Gin & tonic, the waitress replied 'Ice and Slice in it?'

The restaurant is quite modern and I have to say the service from the young staff was very good. My tiger prawns with a timbale of rice was OK, but the rice was dry and there was too much of it. Both my guests ordered seared tuna as a main course and requested it rare. It came overcooked and they both sent it back. The waitress was helpful and apologised profusely. My fillet steak was cooked as I has requested it and the chips were very good. They must have searched high and low for the smallest mushroom and tomato that they could find. Two new tuna steaks arrived and they were cooked as requested.

No idea what the bill was, but I doubt that I will rush back. There are nicer places to eat in Hertford

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Unable to book in the main restaurant we booked for Oliver's upstairs. It was great. Much quieter and the service was very good. Traditional Sunday roast with all the trimmings. We all enjoyed our food, the service was efficient and friendly and the bill was very reasonable too. Looking forward to our next visit. Many thanks.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I haven't eaten at the Salisbury for many years and decided to go there on a Friday evening with my Fiancee. We sat in the dining room/rear bar. Service was prompt even though the bar was quite busy. My Fiancee had the steak, I had the Cajun Chicken. Both our meals were served in good time and we were not disappointed, food was tastey and plentiful.
A nice experience and I would eat here again.
I think I'll try the restaurant next time too.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I would choose to go to The Salisbury time and time again, especially with guests who do not know the area. Although the pub is probably more suitable for an older person, the food and service are always consistently good, the toilets wonderful and the pub eating area is cosy and rustic, whilst the formal dining area is fancy enough for it to feel a treat to eat in there.
I most recently went there for afternoon tea for three people. The sandwiches were delicious but the cakes were a little weird. I don't think they had kept up on trend for the smaller, dainty cakes.