“I wouldn't call this 'boutique' but was modern, clean and comfortable. Good value for money.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hertford
Hertford Boutique Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 10 Hertford B&B and Inns
Stamford
Reviewed 23 May 2011

Our en-suite room was big, clean and well equipped. Breakfast was nice but you do need to say the evening before if you want cooked breakfast. But as we didn't know this we were limited to eggs!

• Stayed May 2011

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Market Drayton, Shropshire.
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Wanted to visit our daughter in Hertford and started looking for hotels and eventually made enquiries because of the good reviews in various websites. Suffice to say Eileen the owner was eager to please and the quality of the premises is top notch.

All mod cons with a very comfortable bed, dimmable lighting, Virgin cable TV on flat screen. Only one comment a fan heater in the ensuite bathroom would give that little boost on a clod winters morning.

The breakfast was 10/10 and Eileen kept asking was there anything she could do to make our stay.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paulwillhappy
london
Reviewed 15 November 2010

on arrival, we were able to park our car on the forecourt "BRILLIANT" and were greeted by this lovely lady eileen, she introduced herself to my wife and i and proceeded to show us in, we were pleasently surprised, the room was large clean and very comfortable with an en-suite and a roof terrace. the in room facilities were excellent! tea/coffee facilities, tv etc... all the comforts of home! we had a lovely evening in hertford, and arrived back to our lovely room, we slept very well indeed, the bed was very comfortable with crisp bed linen and the room was nicely heated. In the morning we went down for breakfast, this we couldn't fault either, it was a wonderful cooked full english breakfast (our choice) cooked to perfection! (and we are very fussy about the way breakfast is cooked!) the dining area was great a few individual tables and chairs, so you were able to be alone or with others! and lovely and peaceful! it was great to be able to talk to my wife without any interference! that's a rarity indeed, the service we found was faultless! and we are definitly coming back again! our thanks to eileen for taking good care of us,and are looking forward to returning to hertford boutique b&b very soon,

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank catman37
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 November 2010

I stayed in hertford for the weekend whilst visiting friends and I found Boutique b and b extremely warm and welcoming. Eileen went out of her way to provide me with a vegetarian full english breakfast which was delicious!
My stay really was like being welcomed into a friends home, and Eileen was happy to help me out in finding various places including the train stations and the best local restaurants.
My room was exceptionally clean and spacious with a very comfortable king size bed and en-suite bathroom, as well as a pretty terrace overlooking the garden and historic brewery.
Overall, a fantastic stay, great value for money and i will be returning soon!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank claire2592
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2010

I wish I didn't have to write this review, but I can't believe how I was treated by the male owner.
I stayed here as I had a family funeral to attend the next morning. (I was asked why I was staying as soon as I walked through the door)

After breakfast in the AM I asked the landlady whether she'd like a cheque or card as payment, I was told "it's only cash" - something not stated on their website / not mentioned in any of our previous telephone conversations. I explained that I didn't have that amount of cash on me. The reply: "there's a cash point down the road". I had a funeral to get to so this was at best - inconvenient.
I then found that my car wouldn't start. (myself and my mother had an hour to get to the funeral, so suddenly this became a very stressful situation). Managing after a time to get a taxi sorted, I explained/apologised to the male owner that I would have to leave my car on one of the spaces on the drive until I could get the AA out on my return in a few hours. He simply walked away from me, moaning about the car being left there. Somewhat reluctantly it seemed, they agreed to a cheque.
I went to lock my case in my car boot, (the taxi is now outside waiting) the owner raced toward the door behind me, standing there until I turned to come back inside to get the rest of my things, he then snapped at me, (with raised voice and accusing tone) "You still need to pay your bill!".
I got my things and gave him the cheque (that I had already written), He then snapped (raised voice / more aggressive tone) "Have you put your card number on the back, you'd better put it on there now, it's useless without!!" and again walked away from me.
I did as he asked. On asking him why he was treating me this way (I was in visible distress by this point), he shouted back at me, then told me to leave my car keys with him so that he could get my car started and out of the parking space. He then rang me a few hours later (whilst I was leaving the wake) to ask me when I would be back as my car was running with the keys in it on the road and he couldn't leave it there like that. Priceless. I got back to my car to find a man I had never met waiting to give me my car keys.

The Room:-
Spacious & clean but cold, one radiator only and no heating in the bathroom. I slept in 2 layers, one being a fleece. Shower itself was strong, but the actual cubicle very cramped, If I had been over say, size 16 (uk) I may have had trouble actually getting in and out of it.
Friendliness: When I went down for breakfast... Me:- a cheery 'good morning, how are you today' to the landlady, The reply:- 'Tea or Coffee'.
Breakfast was quite nice, Dining area would have benefitted from a radio playing in the background, i.e. no atmosphere / very stilted.

Overall, shocking, utterly shocking.
A real life Fawlty Towers in my experience.
How they are in business I will never know.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank DooDa4
London
Reviewed 5 October 2010

My husband and I booked a weekend away in Hertford and stayed at the Hertford Boutique Bed and Breakfast, we had a lovely warm welcome from Eileen. The B&B is a lovely Victorian House which is full of orginal features but with totaly contemporary twist. We had a large king size room with a lovely comfortable bed an on suite shower and a terrrace. The accomodation was beautiful, very very clean, the bed linnen and towels were all in excellent condition. In the morning the breakfast was a full English which was fantastic. The whole experience was relaxing and comfortable. The B&7B is located a short walk from good resturants, shops and banks which was ideal as we were on a short break.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ss2gsharon
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 August 2010

Our family of four stayed in 2 non smoking rooms, each with their own individual televisions. We shared a very modern and large bathroom with separate shower and tub. One of the bedrooms had a fireplace, and overlooked a church. The televisions took numerous television stations--quite a number. The B&B was within walking distance to town, and to the 2 train stations (about 10 minute walk). We walked to both with our luggage. Breakfast consisted of a full, delicious English breakfast.

Our only issue was that although our rooms were nonsmoking, the other room down the hall from us was a smoking room, and the smoke went into the hallway, and into our bedrooms, and bath. We have allergies, and this was a problem with the chainsmoker who was staying there. The rooms were very clean, and we felt very comfortable and at home, except for this one problem. I would recommend that the B&B cater to either smokers, or nonsmokers. I love it, and would strongly recommend it to those who do are not allergic to cigarette smoke.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank 4okay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hertford
Salisbury Arms Hotel
Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel
#1 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City

Been to Hertford Boutique Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!