“Fantastic Night”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hertford
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

I'd walked past the hotel a few times as I only live in Ware but had never been inside. It has an excellent restaurant and I recived friendly service from the staff. They are what made it 5 star for me as they always had a smile on their face and they were helpful . The atmosphere at night was great too. We went to Baroosh next door before returning to the hotel for some drinks before bed but decided to stay downstairs and have a few more, we all had a great night. The rooms where great and I would go again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
James L, Manager at Cinnabar Hertford Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Dear Chloe,

Your comments were well received by the team at Saloon, all reviews get seen by the staff and it was great for them to see the hard work they put in was apprieciated.

I hope to see you back at Saloon soon

Many thanks

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

This my second trip to Hertford Saloon Hotel was a good choice this had excellent food, had some nice fresh cut sandwiches and Coffee latte. All topped with friendly service. I must say outstanding clean and tidy hotel really worth a look if your thinking of staying in Hertford. Parking is Nearby.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mr 2345,

Thank you for your review on our TripAdvisor page. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay.

I have passed your comments onto our kitchen team regarding your excellent food.

We look forward to seeing you again soon

regards

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

I booked the hotel because I was going to a friends wedding reception just around the corner and I had heard that it had a nice bar which sold it for me. What I got when I arrived I never would have expected. On arrival I was shown to the reception and was greeted by a very happy receptionist, check in was easy and quick, usual swipe of the credit card and we was done. The receptionist actually showed us to the room and told us happy hour was about to start in the bar which I was most happy about. The room was fantastic, clean, walk in shower big enough for two a big double bed which was comfy and the biscuits in the room were to good! The bar was more like a laid back restaurant we was sat down and ordered a couple of cocktails, they were VERY good, we ordered a Tapas meal which came on a big wooden board and Burger which I may have added a few to many toppings to but there was so many to choose from, they both were very impressive, I couldn't believe the service and quality of food that was delivered. All the staff seemed happy to be there and it made our stay so much more than just somewhere to crash. We chose to go breakfast inclusive and was please we did, Eggs Royale and unlimited OJ to help the hangover.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Theo,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor.

Your review was fantastic, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on good, friendly service.

I will pass your comments to all the team.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Brentwood, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

Firstly upon arrival, there is no reception so we had to go to the bar in order to check in. After having to wait around for about 15 minutes we finally got access to our room. First impressions were it was a little small, but adequate for an evenings stay. It was clean, as well as reasonably trendy. We had some food downstairs in the bar area which was OK, and the bar staff were very attentive.

Next we went out for the evening, and returned around 11pm. We were shouted at by some locals queing outside the hotel entrance to get into the nightclub...hardly enjoyable. Once we were finally allowed upstairs to our room, we closed the door to be unpleasantly surprised by the entire room vibrating from the bass in the nightclub below, as well as strobe lights flashing outside the windows. We were a little hungry, and wanted some room service, but not surprisingly when calling the bar/brasserie or reception there was no answer.

It says on the website to expect SOME noise, but this really was absurd. Why you would come up with such an appalling business model I have no idea. Effectively if you stay here, I would suggest you go to the terrible looking nightclub until 2am, because you certainly won't get any sleep if you are in bed before then!

When we complained the next day (feeling RATHER tired from lack of sleep), unsurprisingly there was no management there to deal with it. The girl working at the bar said they would call us back later in the day (with potential of an apology), and that call never came.

Don't stay here!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Tim D
James L, Manager at Cinnabar Hertford Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Dear Tim D,

Let me start by thanking you for your review. Even if a review is not possitive it is always helpfull, as we are always striving to improve.

I am disappointed to see that your stay far from met your expectations but I feel your review was unfair reflection of the product that we offer.

Our reception is manned 24 Hours a day by our reception team that work considerably hard to make sure that all of our guests receive the warm welcome that they deserve.

Your comments about our attentive staff and cleanliness were well received by the staff and it is good to see that some of our hard work and good customer service shone through.

We heavily advertise the fact that we are a very popular late night venue within Hertford which is also known for being a great town for people to eat, drink and go out. During the week we are a well know corporate hotel, brasserie and cocktail bar which offers a great place to stay, unwind and get a good nights sleep. At the weekend is when we come to life, we offer discounted hotel rooms to guests that choose to use the hotel for somewhere to stay after a great night out in either our night club or one of the many in Hertford. As you will see from our other fantastic trip advisor reviews the business model that we are currently working with offers a service that many are happy with and find useful. As you mentioned we do say on our website that you should expect some noise through some of the hotel, on any given weekend night we have up to three managers on site and if you had requested we could have moved your room to an area of our hotel where no noise can be heard at all. Unfortunately room service and food, like very many hotels is something that we do not offer after 9:30pm and expecting that level of service after 11pm I think is unreasonable.

Once again let me thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Regards

assistant General Manager
Broxbourne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed the night at saloon for New Year's Eve as we booked a package for a dinner, bar/club and hotel stay. The hotel rooms are upstairs above the club and bar. The food was average, service from staff was impeccable. The music on the night was fantastic as pacha were hosting. The hotel itself has a lot of improvements to be made however I did not expect any more than what it was. Overall I was satisfied with my stay and night.

• Stayed December 2012
James L, Manager at Cinnabar Hertford Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Dear Sammi,

We are glad to see you had a good time at our New Years event!

The managment team feel that your review was a fair assesment of your stay. We are constantly striving to improve the standard in all aspects of our business and your review has helped us along the way.

Regards

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

We could'nt decide where to go for our Christamd party this year but wanted Hotel , Restaurant and club all in one - well we couldnt off picked a better venue what a great location and what a great small boutique hotel .

Great room - room 5 on the 1st floor loads of space great decor and a wondeful bathroom with a massive tub .
We had the set menu I had smoked salmon and lamb shank for main lovely food - quick to the table with good service .

Really nice bar and restaurant area lively ,great cocktails , we enjoyed the lounge bar upstairs with a great DJ .

Fantastic full english sent off with a smile .

You get what you pay for and for me this small hotel was a real find ,

Davy T

Room Tip: Room 5 for me really nice room nice decor clean - great fresh towels .
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank David T
James L, Manager at Cinnabar Hertford Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Dear David T,

I am so pleased to read that you had a fantastic time at your christmas party. Reviews like yours really make all the hard work that we put in worth it.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write a review. We hope to see you again in the future

Many thanks

Hotel Manager
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

Travelled a long way to the Saloon Bar for a Christmas Party with friends. It was, without doubt the most fantastic party to date. The hotel is stylish, comfortable and the reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Dinner was a treat in many ways, delicious Chevre tart, very succulent Gamderoni and beautifully light and tasty Tiramisu.
I can really recommend the Vesper Martinis and the rest of our party also managed to down plenty of cocktails too!
We partied long & hard into the wee small hours .... don't expect a quiet Saturday night at the Saloon.....let your hair down and enjoy.
Sunday breakfast was perfect, well cooked, tasty with seemingly endless coffee and juices to complete the rehydration process after the nights exertions.
Thanks to all the team for an unforgettable night!

Room Tip: The suites are large and well appointed with a view out to the front, You will enjoy the music from...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Dear TJ Hirst,

Thank you for taking time out to leave your review on Saloon Bar.

I am so pleased to see that you had a fantastic time. I will pass on all your positive comments to the staff.

I hope to see you again soon,

Kind regards

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hertford
Hertford House
Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxbourne

Been to Cinnabar Hertford Hotel? Share your experiences!