“Great Service”

Cinnabar Hertford Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hertford
“Great Service”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for some friends wedding along with a lot of other friends. The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay and the location was excellent. Only a short walk from from the station.
We had a bite to eat at dinner and found the good to be very good and very quick.
There is a night club upstairs which may cause some people a problem, but no issue for us as we were there anyway.
Overall, very good.

• Stayed May 2014
CinnabarCafeHertford, Manager at Cinnabar Hertford Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear RGM79
Many thanks for your recent review on trip advisor.
It is always a pleasure to receive such positive reviews.
I am really pleased the staff and facilities here at Cinnabar Cafe Hotel were all to your satisfaction.
I have passed on your comments to the team.
Many thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
The Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed on a Saturday night and despite coming back very late and fairly well anaesthetised, sleep was nigh impossible due to the noise levels (in the street, not from the bar downstairs) until well after 2am. This town seems to be party central! Aside from that, beautiful room and bathroom, very comfortable bed, lovely staff and great coffee in the cafe.

Room Tip: Maybe request a room at the back if staying at a weekend
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CinnabarCafeHertford, Manager at Cinnabar Hertford Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Hi Lorna
Many thanks for your review on Trip advisor.
I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
The town is very lively on a Saturday night and definitely party central!
Look forward to seeing you again on your visit.
The Management
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Rooms are lovely, so if you are visiting Hartford for a night out, this is a perfect hotel with a good location, however its a nosiest place i have ever stayed. There is a night club downstairs so till 3 am you feel like you parting with them.
For your own good ask for the quietest room if you are booking this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
CinnabarCafeHertford, Manager at Cinnabar Hertford Hotel, responded to this review, 19 October 2014
Dear Joanna W
Many thanks for taking the time to complete your recent review of Cinnabar Cafe Hotel Hertford.
We do make every effort to warn guests of the loud music on Friday and Saturday's, the music is promptly turned off at 2am as per our licence, but there can be some noise from the high street location.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stopped here on my way to a customer in Hertford. Parked in the main multi storey and found it almost by accident.

Quiet place to sit and have a breakfast and coffee. The breakfast (full English) wasn't the cheapest but was excellent and made with quality ingredients. The staff were helpful and attentive without being oppressive or full on.

Also the bar has free wifi, brilliant.

Will return anytime I am in the area. May have to try out lunch too!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Spirit67
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and the full english.
Holmfirth
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

The Salon Hotel Cinnabar cafe

Located on the main road in Hertford with no parking but multi storey immediately behind it.
The boutique hotel is above the bar with reception on the 1st floor. Pleasant helpful staff in the bar & reception.
The bedrooms are spacious with 6ft beds, free wifi, TV, tea & coffee, etc and a spacious bathroom with an extra large shower & a big bath. We were in room 1 which looks over the high street which has some road noise despite double glazing. The bar music was on until 2am but we fell straight asleep despite this as we had a few drinks ourselves!
Breakfast was included & extra teas & coffees provided along with newspapers in the bar downstairs.
Would suggested getting a room on the 2nd floor rear facing.
Good value for money & would stay again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Windy Millers
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and you thought it was good value for money.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

This well-placed hotel and bar,
Is quirky nice and the service is excellent
I stayed here recently a couple of times
And although it is more a bar with some rooms upstairs
The rooms are well decorated maintained with good facilities
The location is ideal on the high street to either eat and have a drink there or access some of the other facilities nearby
However the staff may not be as slick as a large hotel but they really care about their guests and the effort to do well is clear in every single one I would so much rather have this than a slick corporate performance from people who don't understand customer service
Well done to this hotel Andy his team I will definitely be back

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear DaveyD66
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and my staff made you feel welcome.
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed friday and saturday night and after reading other reviews we were only concerned about the noise from the bar downstairs. In my opinion it wasnt really a problem atall, yes you can hear the music slightly but not enough to disturb you. If you go there on the weekend and expect silence then youve obviously never been near a busy bar/club before. The room was very clean and decorated really nice. The staff are friendly and helpful. I only have one concern though and that is that around midnight some other guests outside our room(6) were a bit drunk and accidently set off a fire alarm by opening the escape door. The alarm went on for about 1 minute but after that there was a very annoying beeping noise which didnt stop. I tried to sort it out as there was nobody at reception to help but I couldnt so after I had a go at working it out I had to go downstairs and ask the girl minding the cloakroom to get help. The problem was fixed straight away and we had a nice nights sleep. My concern is that if a fire alarm goes off why are the staff not aware? It almost seems dangerous to me that nobody knows whats happening upstairs. Maybe get someone to have a walk round every hour or so just to check on things? Other than that I would recommend to anyone and will probably be staying again should I need a hotel in town. Great value too. Thanks

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maillud
Dear Maillud
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.
I can confirm that our night porters do complete regular hourly security checks, whilst the alarm you mention was set off, it is not the fire alarm, just a local door alarm. As you said we would then reset it as soon as we are aware it has been set off.
Cinnabar Cafe Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hertford
Hertford House
Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxbourne

Been to Cinnabar Hertford Hotel? Share your experiences!