“Should be twice the price !”
Review of Mulberry House

Mulberry House
and 1 more site!
Mulberry House
Ranked #4 of 10 Hertford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Really lovely room in a great house. Fantastic shower - lots of personal bits n bobs. Brilliant breakfasts and top owners who make the place special. Will definitely return. Highly recommend this place. Thank you Rachel - quite the eggspert with a frying pan !

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Mulberry House

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Mulberry House is possibly bed & breakfast I have had the pleasure to stay with in my entire life. I was in Ware for a wedding with my life, and we could not have found a better place to stay.

The location is great, just on the outskirts of Hertford, right off A414. BEWARE though: Stanley Rd is a private road that is easy to miss (I did not spot it the first time around) and a dragon lives at the end of Stanley Rd. By all means, DO NOT go any further than the first house on the road, which is the one your are looking for. Venturing further is perilous!

The room, as described by other reviewers, is very tastefully decorated, and full of little complimentary things that show a real concern for the well-being of the guests. We found fortune cookies, a small bottle of wine, and two bananas in our room, and the bathroom (which is very nice and spotlessly clean btw) is full of salts, bubble bath and the like. The bed is very comfortable (me and my wife have back pains if we don't sleep on a very good mattress, and this one is definitely one of them). You could not possibly wish for more.

The house, as a whole, is beautiful, and very tastefully decorated. If you elect to have breakfast, you'll be served in the living room, which is big, with huge windows which let the sun pour in (if you're lucky enough to have sunny weather).

The breakfast is amazing: I had it continental style, and it came with a heap of pieces a of all sorts of fruits, freshly cut up. The owner explained that they were trying to always serve the freshest things. Half of what you're going to eat is home-made, like the muesli I had. My wife chose the English breakfast, and she enjoyed it very much. Everything was cooked to perfection, it was plentiful and delicious. Well worth ordering, if you're staying at Mulberry House.

Last but not least, the owners are amazingly nice people. Rachel and Dominic are incredibly nice and welcoming, and very considerate. They will always go the extra mile to cater to your needs. We had a problem with our car, and Dominic took 30 minutes off his time to help me solve it, saying it would be cheaper and quicker than to call a professional. They made us feel at home, which is not always the case with b&b owners.

All of this considered, the fact that Mulberry House offers one of the cheapest rates in the area is just unbelievable. I would not pay double to stay in a 4* hotel, when this jewel of a b&b is available for half the price.

I would recommend Mulberry House to all types of travellers, regardless of what kind of trip you are on, business or leisure. And I wouldn't think twice about accommodation for my own travels through Hertfordshire: I'll stay there if if ever get the chance to.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mathieu_11
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 1 night and I wish it had been longer! The whole house smelled beautiful when we walked in (always a good sign).The room was a nice size and very tastefully decorated with the bathroom hidden behind a door which looked like it led to a cupboard. The bed was so comfy and there were lovely thoughtful touches; straighteners, perfumes, little bottle of wine, etc. Rachel the owner was so friendly and breakfast was delicious. Located just outside Hertford it was perfect for us. We'd definitely stay again

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 4 May 2013

rachel and dominic were so welcoming. nothing was too much trouble.the bedroom had everything u could wish for. bed was so comfortable.breakfast is to die for.choice is unbelievable.i would very much recommend this place.we would have no hesitation in stopping again should we be in the area.because it was my birthday they gave us cake and wine. what a lovely thought.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 27 January 2013

We stayed at Mulberry house for one night during the week and had a lovely stay. The B&B itself is incredibly designed and extremely comfortable. We emailed Rachel in advance who cooked us a breakfast of our choosing which was lovely. The rooms are great and the beds are very comfortable. I would recommend this place to anyone and Rachel (the owner) is one of the nicest people you will meet (thanks for sending us the scarf we left behind!). We will be back again soon!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JackSparrow_100
Reviewed 1 December 2012

We have just had a one night stay in this bnb we travel a lot and it is probably the best we have stayed in. We were greeted by Rachel who showed us to our room WOW remote control led lights, bose sound, system ghd straightners, slippers and even earplugs they have thought of everything. After a good nights sleep on the memory foam mattress we went down to breakfast (we chose the time we wanted to eat and what we wanted to eat ) cooked by Rachel as we talked to her and Dominic so relaxed and friendly would highly recomend mulberry house.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sherylclark25
Reviewed 10 November 2012

My wife and I had a hurried arrival to Mulberry House because we needed a quick change before setting off for a family occasion. We were met at the door and politely greeted by Dominic. After quickly explaining what we were doing, he showed us to our lovely room. We were open mouthed at the opulent decor, remote controlled LED ceiling lights, glass and chrome table lamps and wall mounted HD TV and sound system. The wall coverings were of excellent quality, with the wardrobe and bathroom doors also covered defined only by large door handles. The bathroom was of a wet room design, with multi-coloured mosaic floor tiles and large white glass tiles to the walls. The fittings were of designer quality, with a mirror over the sink and a large mirror on the end wall.
We were asked by Rachel what time we would like breakfast and she kindly agreed to 10:00. Dominic showed us our keys and off we went. Upon our late return, we were so pleased to lay in the very comfortable memory foam bed and get a good night's sleep. Tea and coffee making was available in the room, as was a complimentary bottle of wine and water.
In the morning we arrived in the large bright, breakfast room to see a large table filled with jars of cereals, fruit and nice tableware. Rachel greeted us with a cheery good morning and cooked our previously selected breakfast. While we were waiting, we admired the large garden through the large window, viewing a centrepiece designer water feature, the remains of a very old house and trees, including of course a mulberry tree!
On serving, the full English breakfast was excellent, bacon cooked to our liking, together with toast and filter coffee, tea for my wife. After a pleasant chat with Rachel, complimenting her on her great home, we gathered our things, said our goodbyes, hoping we could stay there again. A really nice place to stay. A B&B? Yes, but more like an hotel. But you wouldn't get the personal service! I have no problem recommending the Mulberry House!
Thanks to Rachel and Dominic from Rick and Liz Starling

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Downloader141
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hertford
Salisbury Arms Hotel
Fanhams Hall Hotel
Dog and Whistle Pub
Dog and Whistle Pub
#5 of 10 in Hertford

Been to Mulberry House? Share your experiences!