“Amazing 1st class”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hertford B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing 1st class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Location wise, 5 minute walk into the heart of Hertford. Private parking, off street.

Accommodation- done to an extremely high standard, from the hall entrance, room and dining area. The bedroom itself was better than a five star hotel. The owners had through of literally everything from chilled drinks on arrival, fresh fruit, books to suit both male and female guests to perfume, aftershave and a huge selection of bathrooms toiletries . The linen was of high quality, mattress luxurious, bathrobes, slippers, mood lighting, wifi, television and a superior sound system.

Rachel and Don were extremely friendly ensuring that we had everything and nothing was too much trouble. They made you feel very welcomed and were genuinely interested in engaging in conversation interacting.

Breakfast- a wide selection of fresh fruit, mango, strawberries, pineapple, kiwi. Selection of cereals plus yogurts then a choice sod different breakfasts. We had a full English, cooked by Don which was served perfectly, piping hot and was without fault . The table over looked their beautiful garden with a stunning water feature.

This guest house is worth every penny you pay and so so much more. It is a little gem hidden away in Hertford run by a super couple who truly understand what their guests need and want.

To say they have gone the extra mile is an understatement.

To summarise, high quality furniture and fittings, beautifully designed and thought out. Spotlessly clean run by a super couple who cannot do enough for you.

Throughly recommend , thank you

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sale, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

How lovely. Fabulous accommodation, spotlessly clean with a really lovely bathroom. The room had lots of special touches such as remote lighting, flat screen TV, very fast Internet and lots of products in the bathroom. Rachel and Dominic were very welcoming and we were only 10 mins walk into the centre of Hertford. More like a boutique hotel than a B & B and we shall be returning. Jon and Jane

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed here for one night in August 2013. Found this place by chance on Trip Advisor while looking for a place to stay after a family party in Ware. Had previously stayed at the nearby Feathers but I have to say that this place is in a different league.

This large family house has been converted to a B and B in a very stylish and tasteful manner by the owner, Rachel. There are six rooms but we were the only guests on the night we stayed. Quirky but stylish decoration in our good sized room which had a small en-suite bathroom with hand woven towels and a lovely shower– scrupulously clean throughout and with nice touches such as complimentary wine and fruit in the room when we arrived.

Breakfast was excellent with a full choice of cooked food, cereals and fruit . Rachel was very attentive and extremely keen to ensure we had what we wanted. Breakfast room looks out onto a lovely garden with a cascade-water feature apparently the work of an award winning designer.

I would strongly recommend this place to anyone needing a night or two's accommodation in Hertford.

9 out of 10. I'm being a bit mean really because the only thing I could really fault is that the mattress was slightly too soft for my liking.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

My wife and I, and my brother in law, were off to a wedding nearby Essendon, so we stayed the night in Mulberry House, and they did us very proud indeed. Our room was very well appointed indeed, the bed was amazingly comfy, and I liked the personal touches; the fortune cookies, the half bottle of wine, the biscuits and the fresh strawberries all went down very nicely indeed. I didn't see my brother-in-law's room, but he said it was very good. Breakfast next morning was a lovely leisurely affair with Rachel, our sweet, kind, chatty hostess, making a *superb* full English with all the trimmings for me, and excellent poached eggs on muffins with bacon and asparagus for the other two. Tea and coffee and fruit juices and fruit and yoghurt kept coming, so we were very well satisfied. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

Really lovely room in a great house. Fantastic shower - lots of personal bits n bobs. Brilliant breakfasts and top owners who make the place special. Will definitely return. Highly recommend this place. Thank you Rachel - quite the eggspert with a frying pan !

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Mulberry House is possibly bed & breakfast I have had the pleasure to stay with in my entire life. I was in Ware for a wedding with my life, and we could not have found a better place to stay.

The location is great, just on the outskirts of Hertford, right off A414. BEWARE though: Stanley Rd is a private road that is easy to miss (I did not spot it the first time around) and a dragon lives at the end of Stanley Rd. By all means, DO NOT go any further than the first house on the road, which is the one your are looking for. Venturing further is perilous!

The room, as described by other reviewers, is very tastefully decorated, and full of little complimentary things that show a real concern for the well-being of the guests. We found fortune cookies, a small bottle of wine, and two bananas in our room, and the bathroom (which is very nice and spotlessly clean btw) is full of salts, bubble bath and the like. The bed is very comfortable (me and my wife have back pains if we don't sleep on a very good mattress, and this one is definitely one of them). You could not possibly wish for more.

The house, as a whole, is beautiful, and very tastefully decorated. If you elect to have breakfast, you'll be served in the living room, which is big, with huge windows which let the sun pour in (if you're lucky enough to have sunny weather).

The breakfast is amazing: I had it continental style, and it came with a heap of pieces a of all sorts of fruits, freshly cut up. The owner explained that they were trying to always serve the freshest things. Half of what you're going to eat is home-made, like the muesli I had. My wife chose the English breakfast, and she enjoyed it very much. Everything was cooked to perfection, it was plentiful and delicious. Well worth ordering, if you're staying at Mulberry House.

Last but not least, the owners are amazingly nice people. Rachel and Dominic are incredibly nice and welcoming, and very considerate. They will always go the extra mile to cater to your needs. We had a problem with our car, and Dominic took 30 minutes off his time to help me solve it, saying it would be cheaper and quicker than to call a professional. They made us feel at home, which is not always the case with b&b owners.

All of this considered, the fact that Mulberry House offers one of the cheapest rates in the area is just unbelievable. I would not pay double to stay in a 4* hotel, when this jewel of a b&b is available for half the price.

I would recommend Mulberry House to all types of travellers, regardless of what kind of trip you are on, business or leisure. And I wouldn't think twice about accommodation for my own travels through Hertfordshire: I'll stay there if if ever get the chance to.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mathieu_11
manchester, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 1 night and I wish it had been longer! The whole house smelled beautiful when we walked in (always a good sign).The room was a nice size and very tastefully decorated with the bathroom hidden behind a door which looked like it led to a cupboard. The bed was so comfy and there were lovely thoughtful touches; straighteners, perfumes, little bottle of wine, etc. Rachel the owner was so friendly and breakfast was delicious. Located just outside Hertford it was perfect for us. We'd definitely stay again

• Stayed May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hertford
Salisbury Arms Hotel
#3 of 4 in Hertford
Fanhams Hall Hotel
Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Premier Inn Ware Hotel

Been to Mulberry House? Share your experiences!