“Above average”
Review of The Farmer's Boy

The Farmer's Boy
Reserve with OpenTable
The Farmer's Boy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 105 Restaurants in Hertford
Price range: US$11 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A traditional pub in the heart of the Hertfordshire countryside, serving value for money home made food. Fine ales, wines and spirits. Two tranquil gardens, restaurant and bars
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Came here a few Saturday lunches ago. Service friendly and lots of great varied menu choice. Food fresh and well presented. Only draw back was waiting time, but to be fair we were warned it would take a while. Took about 1 hour 15 before our food came.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Terrific little country pub / restaurant set in Brickendon village in Hertfordshire.

I'm fairly fussy about my food - I like it to be simple, yet special, if that makes any sense. And it was ! A lamb steak set in crushed potatoes with a mild curry flavour, served on a stone. Followed by a very nice dessert (which I can't recall the name of), but it was a mix of ice cream, cream, nuts, honey and whisky.

Will definitely go again.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Basically a pub but the restaurant area was very pleasant, the young lady that dealt with our orders etc was very pleasant but lacked the necessary skills as a waitress. This I put down to a lack of training and for this I blame the management. I didn't feel the meals were anything special, in fact the Prawn Cocktail was served in a small wine glass and the Steak came up on a wooden board which I thought was very un-hygenic. Finally coffee was a disaster as each of our party of seven got their coffee at different times which the staff blamed on the coffee machine being slow. Pity really as I will not be going back.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Our office had our Christmas lunch at the Farmer's Boy in Brickendon on the 20th December, and I thought the food was average and poor value for money. Our bread rolls were still frozen in the centre, and the roast potatoes were overcooked. Service was very slow, yet they had added a 10% service charge to the bill.
I don't know if our experience was because they were busy with lunches (though it didn't seem to be full) or if this is typical of the food and service for this pub.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I have eaten here on numerous occasions,the food is usually fairly good it was this time .the problem I had was that the starters,desserts and main courses all came out at different times.I also found the drinks expensive.one other problem was sticking a service charge on the bill,the service wasn't that good.We did not leave the full amount,and this showed in the staffs attitude when we left.