“Excellent food and service”
Review of Ilvino

Ilvino
Ranked #25 of 99 Restaurants in Hertford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our family restaurant is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. Our entire team is committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percentage of our business is from repeat customers and referrals. We would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service.
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Visited Il Vino after a few months absence and delighted to say had an excellent meal with first class service. This restaurant is certainly worth a visit and provides good quality food at very reasonable prices.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

JUST BEEN TO ILVINO
saturday evening the drinks were warm the ice had nearly melted, the starters was ok but the main was awfull steak was well over cooked and dry the potatoes were surposed to be roast but were just dry hard potatoes with skin on, my chicken with breadcrumbs was burnt all round the edges and looked like it came out the microwave ! parasan salad was a few grated bits you could n't see it let along taste it on loads of rocket, the waitress came to the table with the parmasan in her hand and just grated it on my meal (hope she had clean hands!) the biscuit that came with latte was soft and the desert was lemon tart very cheap no presentation and the panacotta was room temperature that cant be right !

1  Thank tracy b
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have been to Ilvino a few times and found the food and service to be excellent. The beef carpaccio is new to the menu and delicious and a generous portion size.

The veal milanese is delicious and a great size and value and has become my favourite. I have found the team to be particularly friendly and can't do enough for you. A recent order mistake was rectified as quickly as possible and the staff couldn't have been more apologetic. Despite my protestations, a side order was removed from the bill and a complimentary drink provided.

I have been staying in Hertford weekly and have walked into town, past Ilvino with the intention of trying somewhere else and like metal to a magnet I get lured back through the doors and greeted so warmly.

I like the atmosphere in this restaurant and its ideal for families and solo business travellers

A must visit!

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

The restaurant was busy and the atmosphere was good. My wife and I both enjoyed our starters, but when it came to main course my wife reported that her pasta dish was to dry and that the salmon was over cooked.

We both ordered the chocolate souffle for dessert. Not only did what arrived appear to be a chocolate fondant, but mine was disappointingly cooked solid all the way through.

I didn't expect mind blowing food, but I did expect the dishes on the menu to be cooked correctly. (Hint: if you can't cook the dish to a consistent quality don't put it on the menu and stick with the things you can!)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This used to be my favourite place in Hertford, but over the last few months the food doesn't seem to be as good. The calamari used to be amazing...not anymore. I think they changed their chef this year and since then it just isn't as good anymore. Such a shame.