“Excellent food and service”

Giambrone's Italian Deli and Coffee Bar
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Hertford
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I went here the other day with some pregnant friends after hearing great things and they did not disappoint. My sandwich was delicious and very filling and the mango smoothie was scrumptious. The staff were the biggest selling point. So friendly and helpful you felt really at home and looked after. Definitely best place to eat for lunch in Hertford. A tiny flaw was that it was a bit too hot for us pregnant ladies but I am sure the temperature for everyone else was great. Would highly recommend!

1  Thank Linstead88

Reviewed 20 August 2014

On holiday in Hertford I woke early and decided to venture into town for a good coffee. I found Giambrone's online and turned up at 0745.
The young woman who served me was delightful. I loved the way she was able to alert me to the fact that they weren't actually open yet without saying "we're not open yet" and making me feel bad/awkward. The way she did it ("I hope you don't mind us buzzing around as you enjoy your coffee but we're not quite open however you are very welcome") was genius.
My flat white was more like a cappuccino but wasn't bad.
Mr Giambrone seemed to be having a very bad day and didn't seem at all interested in me or another customer who came in for a take-out coffee.....no eye contact for him or me even as I said goodbye on leaving. A bit disappointing.

1  Thank Louise G
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We popped into Giambrone's this morning for brunch. We had a Giambrone's Special sandwich, an Inglese sandwich, a cup of tea and a (very good!) pint of Peroni for £17.50. The bread was fresh and the fillings were freshly cooked. We were too full for a dessert but we will definitely go back for a coffee and a cake. The service was good and it's a lovely location to sit in the window and watch the world go by.

1  Thank Misa53
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Was looking for somewhere to lunch with my 12 year old son so searched TA and Giambrone's came out as the top one in Hertford. Can not say that I was disappointed. The staff engage with you and make you feel welcome, the coffee was nice and my son loved the milkshake. We both ordered the carbonara which neither of us could fault. A nice touch is that they also sell all the ingredients from their menu dishes. If you are in Hertford definitely go in and give it a try.

2  Thank E3Locks
Reviewed 10 August 2014

For great coffee and Italian pastries(my favourite) brunch and lunch. Giambrone's is top of our list in Hertford. Friendly helpful 'family' . They recently catered a family lunch for us and the food was excellent- great variety of dishes and cheeses.We would recommend - try it for yourself!

1  Thank Carylbeach