Stayed here for a wedding, it is nicely done out and in a very convenient position for the centre of Hertford.
I had a single room, which was a little steep in price, but lovely. Unfortunately it wasn't made clear that being on the first floor I would be right above the bar, which also wasn't mentioned until the confirmation email as being open until 2am (with a fair bit of noise going on outside afterwards). Coming back quite late meant that it wasn't a terrible problem, but I would strongly recommend staying on a higher floor unless you don't need to be asleep before 2.30am.
Breakfast was pretty fantastic though (and included in the price), and being a restaurant open to the public it was available until 11am...although check out is also 11am, so watch for that!
All in all, great place, but a bit expensive and expect a late night on a weekend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Hertford town centre, The Hertford House offers en suite rooms and free Wi-Fi. There is also a lively bar, which has live DJs until 2am. The bar also offers cocktails and champagne. Each en suite room is well-appointed with lavish details such as Egyptian cotton sheets. Stansted and Luton Airports are just 30-40 minutes' drive away and Hertford East Railway Station is just 6 minutes' walk from Hertford House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Hertford House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hertford House Hotel Hertford
- Hertford House Hertfordshire