“Everything you need for a memorable night all under one roof”
Review of Hertford House

Hertford House
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hertford
London
“Everything you need for a memorable night all under one roof”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have stayed at the Hertford House on many occasions, sometimes with friends and often with my girlfriend, everytime I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay.
The whole place has had a massive revamp recently and they now cater for everybody!
If your looking for a crisp pint with a few friends then the Quiet Man pub is just the place or if you wish to dine alfresco then step outside into the beautiful garden, fancy a few cocktails then head downstairs to the underground bar, a favourite with myself and my girlfriend but don't forget to try out the new menu, I have had something different every time and every time I say 'this is the best yet!' (BBQ hickory smoked chicken is a new personal favourite)
The rooms are beautiful, such a cosy yet modern feel. The beds are extremely comfortable with a tv mounted to the wall if you fancy watching a bit of morning television in bed before you check out and the most important thing for me when I stay at a hotel is the shower and these are the best I've experienced in a hotel! Everytime I've stayed I've had a great nights sleep and woken to a delicious breakfast.
The staff are wonderful, so polite and helpful they really make you feel welcome.
You must pay the Hertford House a visit you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Henlow
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here on a Sunday night with 6 friends after a wedding, when we got back to the hotel around 12am the man on the reception was extremely aggressive and scared three of my friends, I believe he was drunk. The rooms were dirty, hairs in sink and bath, dirty bed sheets, two of the rooms we stayed in both doors where broken with not locking correctly and loose handles. The greeting in the morning from the lady owner was miserable and grumpy. Breakfast was of a very low standard. I would not recommend this hotel. And will never stay here again

• Stayed August 2014
4 Thank WesleyNewbury
ldaniels79, Front Office Manager at Hertford House, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Mr Newbury,

I am sorry that you felt you had to write negative 'review' of our hotel, as we did our utmost to accommodate and your associates despite your behavior during your stay.
You and your guests were asked if your rooms were satisfactory when you came down to the bar around 1 hour after check in and you didn't mention any of the apparent problems that you have listed in your 'review'. We also then politely booked you two cabs upon your request, issued directions etc.
You review also does not mention you behavior following your return from the wedding reception you attended.
Your party was intoxicated, and behaved in a threatening and aggressive manner towards our night porter, who I can assure you does not drink. After this, and disturbing several other guests - some of whom had very young children and all of whom called down to reception to complain, he felt he had no option but to call the police who had to ask you to return to your rooms quietly.
More noise awoke our guests early on Monday morning as one of your party broke down a bedroom door, removing it from it's frame. We were also disappointed to find that one of the rooms had been used as a toilet, despite being en-suite.
Our manager may have appeared grumpy to you when you came down to reception half dressed and clearly hung-over - but please bear in mind that she had been dealing with numerous other guests who had complained about your behavior throughout the night.
Given that you clearly were not dressed for breakfast, you were asked to check-out of the hotel. Again, the police had to be called due to your behavior and ensured that damages were paid for.
I am not sure if you have ever stayed in a hotel before, but we can assure you that most reputable establishments would not have tolerated the behavior we encountered, and we were certainly surprised that you felt it appropriate to write a 'review'.
Should you find yourself attending a similar function in the future, we would thoroughly recommend a cab back to your own home.

Yours, The HH Team

Travellers are raving about these Hertford hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We booked a number of rooms for the night of our wedding for family and friends.
We made the most of the late night bar enjoying a few drinks after our wedding! All staff really friendly and helpful. Well organised which made my life at lot easier.
Rooms are large, clean and modern.
Thank you to all, we can definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding, it is nicely done out and in a very convenient position for the centre of Hertford.

I had a single room, which was a little steep in price, but lovely. Unfortunately it wasn't made clear that being on the first floor I would be right above the bar, which also wasn't mentioned until the confirmation email as being open until 2am (with a fair bit of noise going on outside afterwards). Coming back quite late meant that it wasn't a terrible problem, but I would strongly recommend staying on a higher floor unless you don't need to be asleep before 2.30am.

Breakfast was pretty fantastic though (and included in the price), and being a restaurant open to the public it was available until 11am...although check out is also 11am, so watch for that!

All in all, great place, but a bit expensive and expect a late night on a weekend!

Stayed July 2014
Wall Township, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Ive been staying at The HH for years(at least since ...2006) and will continue to do so. There is a refresh going on which only improves. The attentive staff truly makes the difference. Look forward to next visit in November. Cant beat the location/price/offerings.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My friends and I went to the Hertford House on Saturday, which was a very warm evening. The signs outside the bar were inviting people in to see their 'walled garden'. As it was so warm, that's exactly what we did. Unfortunately we were asked to leave the area as it was for smokers?! There was nothing anywhere saying this, and there's no reason why only the smokers should get to enjoy being outside, whilst us non smokers should endure being inside. It was only after mentioning Tripadvisor and saying that we'd take our custom elsewhere that suddenly it was OK for us to remain outside. Not good.

On the other hand, the bar staff that service outside are all very lovely and drinks are brought out very quickly.

I'm unsure as to whether we'll go back again, right now the answer is no.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gillieday
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed on Sunday night to attends a concert tag knebworth. The location was perfect and the hotel itself was beautiful. I loved the decor and the style. The breakfast was delicious and the service was outstanding from all. Can't wait to stay again

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank 171Bobbyf
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hertford
Salisbury Arms Hotel
Premier Inn Ware Hotel
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxbourne

Been to Hertford House? Share your experiences!