“Great value for money”
Review of Rose Cafe

Rose Cafe
Ranked #17 of 102 Restaurants in Hertford
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Good selection. Quick & efficient service. Low prices (compared to elsewhere in Hertford). Be prepared to queue for a table at peak times.

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Best breakfast for miles around, consistent and such good value. Huge choice of fresh food and chef adapts to whatever choice you make. You will struggle to get a table as always so busy!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

This is a really great cafe! I've had eat in breakfasts and take out sandwiches. The portions are generous with good prices. The service is quick, friendly and efficient.

If I had to pick a downside it would be that the takeaway sandwich menu is a little limited, however you get a great value substantial lunch. I've tried quite a few lunch places in Hertford and this is my favourite.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Came here once. Ordered some food without cheese. Food came but was wrong and had cheese. Waitress took away and brought a "fresh" meal giggling. Checked to see that there was no cheese..... What a surprise they had just burnt of the cheese. At this point raised with chap behind counter paid for drinks and left. Rubbish service that could of made me very ill.

Avoid.

3  Thank unclepiggy
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Although it was very busy at this time of day, I received excellent service from the minute I walked in (Monday afternoon, about 12.30 p.m.)

Order taken almost immediately and a real surprise when it was delivered.

An enormous plateful, almost overflowing with good, hot, well-cooked food.

A varied 'all-day breakfast' choice or selection of most popular meals at very reasonable prices.

I was hungry and I always have a good appetite, but I almost struggled to finish my meal !

From what I could see of other customers, this establishment does not believe in small portions, and the price was far cheaper than I would have expected.

And a 'filled rolls' counter just inside the front door if you just wanted a takeaway snack.

Great !