“Very pleasant stay.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Albans
Park House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 16 St Albans B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

The live in owner of this b&b is kindness personified, picked me up and dropped me back at the station and is friendly without being intrusive. The b&b is a family home that let's out rooms which are simple but comfortable and very clean. The establishment is a 20 minute walk from town but its not hilly and the b&b has plenty if parking. For a cost effective option for accomdatipn in a costly neck of the woods you could do a lot worse.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Rooinek63

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

What more could you ask for? Beautifully clean bedroom and shared bathroom with nice little 'extras' (tissues, hand wash etc), fluffy towels, comfy bed, really yummy breakfast, lovely host. I really feel the cold so Nora turned the heating on for me when she heard me coming in and also very thoughtfully brought me an extra fleecy blanket (which I didn't need). All for a real bargain price (£35 single with shared bathroom) - if I'm ever in St Albans again for work I wouldn't think about looking anywhere else for a room!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

This b&b has 3 rooms 1 en-suite and with a shared bathroom. I called the owner to enquire and was told the single room had gone and was offered the twin for the same price without breakfast as she said no one had taken it so she would do it cheaper than normal. I hesitated in booking so she said i could have tea and cereal in the morning.. I then called later and booked it as i couldn't find anywhere else for the days i wanted.

There is parking on the drive, but you would probably block or get blocked in, so i parked on the road instead.

I received a warm welcome from the owner and then asked to take my shoes off downstairs (i can understand you want to keep your carpets clean).

I was shown to my twin room which looked ok but i felt cold after about 3 hours of the rad being on and asked for a heater which i never got.

The shared bathroom is next door to the twin so if you have a early riser in the morning like the chappy that stayed here same time as me then you may get a liitle disturbed.

I didn't get the breakfast that was promised at the start. I mentioned it on my last night and the owner said she got muddled up and offered it on my last day but i declined.

The shower runs of the immersion heater and gave me about 10 mins of hot water then went luke warm so if you like a longer shower then the night before or get in before the other guest (if there is anyone staying :)

Also there is a cat, which i have nothing against but i would prefer not to stay in places that have dogs or cats due to there hairs getting everywhere. This should be stated on their website (it isn't) and also mentioned when booking. What would the owner do if someone turned up and was allergic to cats?????

Internet worked well :)

Overall it was ok!!!

Room Tip: I would try elsewhere first!!!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Revelatio00x
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

A lovely homely bed and breakfast. Cosy, clean, quiet, with a friendly host and great breakfast. Couldn't fault it!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChickChack
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

It has been some time since this place has had a review, but I'm so glad I cancelled a reservation at a hotel in St. Alban's and stayed at Nora's B&B instead at much better price. The bedroom and bathroom were spotless. The bed was king size--two twins zipped together but it felt like a single king bed. There were little touches that made it very comfortable, including a magnified makeup mirror. All rooms overlook her lovely garden. We were greeted with a much-needed cup of coffee after just arriving from the airport, and we were able to check in right away (before 11:00 a.m.) which made it so much easier on us. The breakfast was complete and delicious. This was truly a charming B&B in a private home. I think we had the only ensuite so book in advance if that is important. I peaked into the bathroom that is shared by the other two rooms, and it was nice and roomy. If you are driving, it is easy to find and very convenient to the center. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2009

My husband and I stayed at The Park last weekend to attend a friends party, we were really pleased with our choice. Anyone wishing to stay in St Albans would be really pleased with The Park, its in a lovely part of the city, not in the centre but close enough for a quick cab ride, you can leave your car at the B&B there is off street parking. Nora is a lovely lady with a really charming house, breakfast was excellent, organic delights plus a full english. We visit St Albans from time to time and will always check if Nora has a room first.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Northumberland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2009

I'ts impossible to fault this B&B. From the gracious welcome, with the offer of a pot of tea on arrival, to the splendid breakfast everything possible was done to ensure we had a great stay.
No 'Breakfast 7.30 - 9am' here, we were asked what time WE would like breakfast - and the meal was the prefect beginning to the day. Full English and cereal, with the table full of interesting alternatives, including avocado pears and a variety of nuts.

The room and bathroom were clean and very comfortable, with space to sit and have a cup of tea instead of having to sit on the bed, which is often the case.

The house is situated just outside the centre of St Albans. We'd been told parking would be a problem but didn't find this to be the case. Our hostess, Norah even gave us a lift into town on one occasion.

Guest are invited to make use of the charming garden.

I'm looking forward to returning for another visit asap.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends