“As Arnie would say "I'll be back"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Albans
Park House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 15 St Albans B&B and Inns
“As Arnie would say "I'll be back"”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed at the Park B&B on Saturday night. We stayed in the double ensuite room, the room was spotless and the bed which was 2 singles zipped together was extremely comfortable. The location is over a mile from the centre but this is ameliorated by the hostess offering lifts and the fact that the place is very peaceful. Taxi home at midnight was a fiver but it is walkable if you like that sort of thing.

There was plenty of tea and coffee available in the room with decent size mugs. Breakfast has a wide choice. The bacon was particularly good quality. Our hostess was refreshingly flexible with the timing of breakfast, going so far as to suggest 10 o'clock.

Good local knowledge recommending a fantastic restaurant. We will definitely be back next time in the area.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I have visited Park House Bed and Breakfast on several occasions.
Every time I stay at this B and B I receive the same wonderful service from Nora. She makes a fabulous breakfast, the room is always spotless comfortable and totally without fault. She is a great hostess and always ensures that everyone who stays is treated well. Other guests comment on her high standards in this homely friendly welcoming place. I regularly visit St Albans on business and would only go to a different B and B if she was fully booked.
I recommend without reservation that you stay here It is the best value in St Albans and I have in the past tried several others

Room Tip: In this place all rooms are excellent and have over time used them all!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank pete s
Preston
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Arrived after a long day on the road to be greeted by Nora. Very friendly, suggesting the best places to go if I was going into St Albans.

The bed is one of the comfiest I have ever slept in, and I'm a rep so I've stayed in a few!! The full English breakfast was lovely and well worth the money. Will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed April 2013

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2013

My parents spent two comfortable nights at Nora's B&B. They found her hospitality, her home and her wonderful breakfast outstanding. And have requested that they should always stay at the Park House B&B whenever they are in St Albans. Well done !

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank COPTHALL
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Nora’s b&b was excellent and good value too. The king-size bed was really comfortable. As the house is in a quiet area we had a great night’s sleep. The room was clean with nice little touches like a bottle of mineral water, kit-kats, etc. Nora’s breakfast was wonderful too. Delicious fresh fruit, yoghurts, croissants, coffee and a full English breakfast. Park House is beautifully decorated with lots of fresh flowers, etc. Nora was charming too. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Our room which faced south overlooked a lovely garden and pond.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Virginia, Usa
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Nora is a delightful hostess. She went out of her way to help me findmy way around St. Albans. I had to leave very early on the date of my departure. She very kindly opened her kitchen earlier than normal and created a delightful breakfast. I highly recommend her B&B.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank IntrepidTraveller48
st albans
Reviewed 27 February 2013

My husband and I have been back to stay with Nora at Park House many times now. We love St Albans and this b&b is the perfect play to stay and within walking distance of town with lovely markets, cafes, restaurants and parks. The rooms are very comfortable - the en-suite room is particularly lovely, but we have stayed in the double room which is very nice too. We would definitely recommend this b&b to anyone.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are very nice, but the en-suite is particularly nice for a couple sharing.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple