“I absolutely adore this Indian!”
Review of Samoji Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

Samoji Indian Restaurant
Price range: US$20 - US$27
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Samoji's is literally a breathe of fresh air. It is so rare to find such an excellent restaurant for Indian food. Additionally, the interior is just lovely and its lovely to sit in. I find it is always such a shame how empty the restaurant is, despite the food being so good@

The service in Samoji's does leave a lot to be desired. The staff are ever so friendly, but I could not agree more the waiting staff are quite honestly on another planet. They seem to speak little English, I asked for tap water for me and my three friends, he came back with one glass of water. I then asked if he could bring glasses for the other three people at the table and he bought back one more glass. Slightly frustrating at times. That is the only thing about Samoji's that really needs improving.

I

8  Thank Emily B
samoji, Manager at Samoji Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Emily B,
Thank you for your nice review, politely informing us to improve, and we will.
Hope to see you soon.
Kind regards

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Over the last few years, living close to the Samoji, it has become one of my favourite restaurants in St Albans and I think it is definitely the best Indian restaurant.

The food is of an excellent standard and presentation is extremely fresh and vibrant. The restaurant and facilities are very clean and never crowded. The staff are very friendly, always making an effort to chat and are very professional.

I would clearly recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes good Indian food in a great environment.

Gary

24  Thank gary l
samoji, Manager at Samoji Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Dear Gary I,
Thank you for your comments, we are very happy that we met with your expectations and we look forward to welcome you again. Kind regards.

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

My waiter seemed to be on another planet; confused over a jug of tap water and the order in which statrters and mains should come out. My beau even tried explaining our order in Urdu but this didn't seem to make any difference! To be fair he was very nice though. place was really pretty and it was good value. The main issue was the food tasted great but I then spent the night and next day being sick. I'm not sure the two are related but sadly I won't be chancing it again.

samoji, Manager at Samoji Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Lady-Sarai,
Thank you for your visit and review. Your order was a portion of Onion Bhaji and a portion of Biryani and jug of water. The waiter thought its a small order and not give gap between courses and serve nice and hot, apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

If you are looking for speedy service don't go to Samoji. If however you are looking for first class service and excellent food you will find it here. Samoji has become our favourite haunt to start the weekend. We are steadily making our way through the extensive menu and discovering dishes that are freshly prepared, excellently cooked and delicious to eat. The staff are extremely helpful and knowledgable and do everything to make guests feel welcome. We have now been as a couple and with friends and on every occasion been 100% satisfied.

7  Thank Mikey-G1
samoji, Manager at Samoji Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Customer, Thank you for your time to write about Samoji. We look forward to see you again.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Really nice food, all four of us said our mains tasted great, very flavoursome and nicely spicey. Fantastic chilli paneer, salmon tikka and chilli chicken masala. Located in a lovely old building with exposed beams,run by attentive but not pushy staff and with a very nice relaxed atmosphere. We've been here several times before and always had a great meal and will definitely be coming back soon.
£55 for 4 plus drinks so very reasonable - even before the unexpected 10% of food we were given for booking in advance

5  Thank AuntFlo_12