“Great dog friendly b&b.”
Review of Fern Cottage

Fern Cottage
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Albans
Fern Cottage
Ranked #13 of 15 St Albans B&B and Inns
“Great dog friendly b&b.”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Great place, friendly service and bent over backwards to accommodate dog.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Housemate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I visit dear friends every year in St.Albans. Us 3 chaps (sans wives) have a boys afternoon culminating in a curry. I have stayed over the years in several B&B's In St.Albans to varying degrees of success. Fern Cottage met my high standards. Room spotless and welcoming. Landlady so very sweet. Well done Fern Cottage.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Dominic M
Melbourne Australia
Reviewed 8 December 2011

We recently stayed at Fern cottage as we had a family wedding in St Albans. The room was just what we needed, comfy bed, and clean and cosy ensuite. Our host Dorothea and Basil were very welcoming and enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank tassietourer
nz
Reviewed 29 October 2011

was disappointing as I requested per mail at least twice that no air freshner was to be used in our room as I am allergic to it and I was assured tht would be attented to, when we arrived after a 24 hr flight I found 3 lots of air freshner in the room and loo and I just got a shrug from the house keeper when I mentioned my request. I feel the place could do with a thorough spring clean and they would not need air freshners!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Yarm
Reviewed 12 September 2011

myself and my Labrador Alfie had the ground floor twin with en suite and it was comfy, warm, clean and friendly. What more could any man and his dog ask for!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Anthony R
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I have stayed here for 4 nights for the last year as i work away all week and stay in the room mentioned in a review below i think he stayed somewhere else ???? Dorothy is very welcoming and the rooms are very clean and tidy tea and coffee in the room tv radio nice en suite off street parking which is a bonus in St Albans all in all spot on.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Arriving from Luton Airport, exhausted from travelling I couldnt have been made more welcome by Dorothy. The room was fresh, clean and very comfortable. I had a great nights sleep on an excellent mattress, just what the doctor ordered. The price is more than reasonable and with a delicious continental breakfast included. I will definately be returning.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business