“Lovely authentic Italian food”
Review of L'Italiana

L'Italiana
Ranked #15 of 366 Restaurants in St Albans
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 December 2015

Been twice now and love it more each time. Great fresh food. Had a lovely steak this time. Had an excellent sea pasta dish previously. All cooked well and generous portions.

Reviewed 14 December 2015 via mobile

Every time I visit this little restaurant the service is quick, staff always smiling and food delicious! !

Reviewed 9 December 2015 via mobile

Went here for lunch with a friend. Booked in advance and got a nice table as requested. The service was lovely and the food was delicious as always! This is still my favourite restaurant and has not been outdone by any others in years and years now. I have never received a poor experience here. I know many, many people who love it here. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 December 2015 via mobile

My first time and will definately go again. A nice easy atmosphere even though it was full and busy. The smell just made your mouth water and the food was all great fresh ingredients cooked to perfection.

Reviewed 1 December 2015

Good food cooked well and lots of it....we went for lunch and got there at 1pm unannounced and they managed to fit us in, it was busy but not stupidly so. I had a starter of antipasto, the other two had soup, one minestrone the other borlotti (?)bean soup, we were all impressed, just lovely. We were wondering wether we would be able to manage the mains that we had orderedthey had a chicken dish with (I'm underselling it here) a tomato and cheese? Sauce, I wasn't too interested in their food as I had a huge plate of calves liver, cooked so well, pink all the way through and no blood at all. It came with what was described as onion rings on the menu. Well these were above and beyond onion rings, thinly sliced onions with a light powder of durum flour (I think) fried so that the onions kept their colour and shape and were virtually fat free, just fantastic and probably the best calves liver I have eaten... Go there and eat!