“Very Good”

Clarion Collection Hotel St. Albans
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in St Albans
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Great situation for visiting St Albans, very friendly, helpful and efficient staff made our stay enjoyable. Hotel and rooms are spotless. Good English breakfast to set us up for the day.
Limited car park at hotel but other car park space available close by.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynda M
Andy809, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel St. Albans, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback on your recent stay here at the Clarion Collection Hotel St Albans.

I will pass on all your feedback to all our staff who take pride in their work and the Hotel

Reviewed 31 October 2013

As I had previously lived in St Alans for 2 years I knew that this hotel had a great location, this also meant that I knew where their carpark was ( turn down Albert st right next to cafe rouge) however it is not sign posted and if you didn't know or hadn't looked up directions you wouldn't be able to find it. The hotel looks traditional on outside but is lovely and modern inside. The receptionist was nice nothing exceptional. We were first placed in 316, it was easy to find and as soon as we walked in I was very impressed at the size and decor, but then I took a sniff and an overwhelming smell of cigarettes hit me, it was so strong it made me feel sick, I went down stairs and a blonde receptionist immediately apologised ensuring me they are a smoke free hotel and switched us to 312, this room smelt fresh and clean and was much better. I would however of liked to know how housekeeping had not noticed and reported this to management and reception upon service of the room. Overall I think it is a fab location but a bit over priced. The staff seemed pleasant but could smile more. I would stay here again :)

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Northern16

Thank you for valued comments and feedback to which we i find very usefull in monitoring and keeping our levels of service to a high standard.

We do have a non smoking policy throughout the Hotel and i cannot explain why the room smelt of smoke.I have spoken to housekeeping regarding the issues that were raised and we have taken steps to prevent anything like this happening again.

Regards

Reviewed 28 October 2013

All staff were friendly, polite and helpful, room was clean, spacious and recently refurbished. Proper English breakfast was great! I needed somewhere to work during the daytime and was able to use the dining room where wi-fi was perfectly adequate and coffee levels were maintained at required level :-)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Andy809, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel St. Albans, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay here at the Clarion Collection Hotel St Albans.

I was very pleased that your stay was very comfortable and enjoyable

Thank you for choosing the Clarion Collection Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Cozy hotel with great rooms. Room and bathroom is very clean and seem to have been recently refurbished. Room size is also adequate and comes with a lot of storage space, fairly large TV, tea/coffee facilities, etc. And the wi-fi was great for hotel standards!
Staff were wonderful throughout the stay and very helpful.
Breakfast was more than adequate (Full English with a great selection of cereals), although may get a little boring after a few days.
Location is just off a side street from St Albans town centre, a great selection of restaurants are 5-10 min away and the Cathedral is just less than 3 minutes away and is a must see.

Room Tip: Ensure to ask for Double beds/ Twin beds if necessary
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive comments on your recent stay here at the Clarion Collection Hotel St Albans.

I was really pleased that you enjoyed your stay here and I will pass on your feedback to all our staff

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Arrived late in the evening, the receptionist/ bar man was more than accommodating. Sat at the bar, met with some great couples and had a great night. Lovely place to stay, great location, clean rooms, and helpful and very pleasant staff. Would be delighted to visit again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments on your recent stay here at the Clarion Collection Hotel St Albans.

I have passed on your feedback to all our staff

Regards

Reviewed 12 October 2013

A great little hotel, in a convenient and central location. All staff at this hotel were friendly and very helpful. The newly refurbished establishment is smart, clean and well appointed.

The staff at breakfast are very friendly with a great sense of humour, making the stay enjoyable and relaxing.

My only criticism was the hard-as-rock pillows, but this is not a game changer. Ground floor rooms could be problematic for those wanting to leave their windows open during the night, as they are on the car park ground level. If so, ask for the higher floor accommodation.

Recommended if visitings St Albans.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd or 3rd floor rooms, if you would like to keep your windows open.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your valued feedback and comments on your recent stay here at the Clarion Collection Hotel St Albans.

We have noted your feedback on the pillows and are just in the process of ordering a softer pilow range and we will be combining the two together

We look forward to welcoming you back to the clarion Collection Hotel St Albans soon

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel one day a week for about 3 months as was I was working in the area. I would definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a clean, modern hotel in a great location.

Pros
The hotel is right slap-bang in the centre on St. Albans – with all its bars, shops and restaurants on your doorstep. The hotel is only 5 – 10 minutes away from the M25, so it’s in a great location
The rooms are to a good standard – I’ve stayed in many of the rooms in the hotel and they are consistent across the board. They’re all decorated in the same modern and clean way, and have everything you’d expect in a decent 4-star hotel – kettle, biccies, flat-screen tv, shower gels, etc.
The hotel has had a bit of a facelift in the Summer of 2013 – the reception and bar area in particular have been much improved.
Free wi-fi is provided in the hotel too. This was great for me as it meant I could use my room as an office!
I didn’t eat there as there were so many good restaurants in the area

Cons
Parking is definitely an issue due to the lack of spaces in the car park. I found that if I came back to the hotel before 5 I would usually find a spot, otherwise it was a matter of parking on the street (and paying a few quid).
If there is any criticism of the rooms it would be that some of the bathrooms ceilings can be a bit grubby. Probably due to heat and condensation from showers, but it’s a minor complaint.

Overall a great, clean hotel in an ideal location. I'll be back for business or pleasure (St. Albans is a lovely town.)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your positive feedback and comments on your recent stay here at the Clarion Collection Hotel St Albans.

As part of our ongoing refurbishment we have completed the cielings in the bathrooms just this week.

Our carparks which we have three of should of provided space for your car during your stay as we have enough bays for all our guests. I am sorry if this was not explained fully to you. All our carparks need is a parking permit from reception, which is free to all our guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Albans
St Michael's Manor Hotel
#5 of 10 in St Albans
Holiday Inn Express St. Albans - M25, Jct. 22
Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree

Been to Clarion Collection Hotel St. Albans? Share your experiences!