“Clarion Collection Hotel St Albans”

Clarion Collection Hotel St. Albans
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in St Albans
“Clarion Collection Hotel St Albans”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

My wife and I together with our younger son and his partner stayed at this hotel on the night of 9th August 2014. The reception staff were very helpful and couldn't have been more obliging.
The room for my wife and me was clean and comfortable but we would have preferred a larger one. All the expected soaps/shampoos and good quality towels were provided.
Car parking was a bit of a problem. There was limited space at the hotel and the exit was partially blocked by a 4x4 during our entire stay. My son was on crutches and when he arrived no parking spaces at the hotel were available. His car had to be parked some 400 yards from the hotel.
Breakfast was good with good range of options available. Overall pleasant stay and very reasonably priced.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Trevor B, Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel St. Albans, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with on Tripadvisor.

Our team are here to ensure you have a comfortable stay and we are always happy to offer any additional help you may require. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and offering your valuable feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed at the Clarion Collection in St Albans for a business trip and if I go back to this part of the world, I will stay there again.

The staff were fantastic, the breakfast EXCELLENT and my room was spotless. I had a very comfortable stay which represented excellent value for money.

My only niggle was the parking. There was a *very* small car park at the hotel which was difficult to manoeuvre into. There is an over flow car park but as a lone female in an unfamiliar town, I ended up doing a painfully slow and embarrassing 27 point turn to get into the only remaining space rather than doing the 5 minute walk on my own.

Overall a very positive experience! I'd recommend this place to any potential business travellers and if I go to this part of the world for fun, I would spent my own money on a stay in this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with on Tripadvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Saundersfoot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Excellent hotel, so quiet and relaxing for a city break, with staff so professional and helpful. A short walk into the shops with the cathedral just opposite. St Albans is a fantastic place to visit with a lot of history and a dirct train service into the heart of London.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment of your recent stay. I am pleased it was suitable for your needs whilst you were visiting.

The Hotel has an excellent location within the St Albans City Centre and we are also within close proximity or easy reach of a variety of attractions as well as London.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Hotel when you next return to St Albans.
Dorking
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I chose this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews and certainly would agree it's a perfect choice for visiting St Albans. The reception staff were amazing, so friendly and welcoming with clear instructions regarding the parking. Yes it's a little walk to the car park but for a city centre hotel it's incredible to get free parking so who's complaining. The room was ready for us even though we arrived early, it was spotlessly clean and very well appointed. As it was a warm night I suppose air conditioning would have aided restful sleep but despite this we were fine with the thoughtful free standing fan located in the wardrobe. We didn't open the windows which might have helped air flow but being in the centre of St Albans we were concerned about noise; neither of us heard street sounds in the night, a very good sleep on a comfortable bed. Breakfast was efficient and served by one of the helpful reception staff, we enjoyed the buffet and thought the "eggs cooked to order" a nice touch. It was good value and all of us would use this hotel again if visiting St Albans.

Room Tip: We overlooked the Cafe Rouge adjacent to the hotel and had no problems with street noise in the nigh...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with on Tripadvisor.

Your comments are extremely positive, I am happy to read that you were pleased with our facilities and service.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we only use locally sourced items for our cooked breakfast, cooked fresh each morning. Thank you for commenting on how you enjoyed your breakfast and your stay.

Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed 8 nights at the Clarion Collection Hotel St Albans and had a splendid time. Staff were always--at any time of day or night--available and courteous, and the building is clean and welcoming. The bar area and lounge is a great place to sit, drinks at the bar are reasonably priced, and the "full English" (breakfast) is great. We loved our room, which was spacious and provided everything we could have expected, and you can't--CAN'T--ask for a better location than right in the heart of St Albans. Highly recommended! Thanks for a great time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed here on business as I was working in St Albans for a fortnight. I had been in a couple of different hotels in st albans in my first week and had pretty poor experiences with both of them. I booked the clarion collection for a change and was glad that I did. It was just what I wanted in a hotel - modern, clean, friendly staff and excellent location. It's very reasonably priced for the quality. I met two receptionists who were both great and made time for me when I needed anything. The room service from cafe rouge was also excellent. There were no extra fees to have it delivered to your room which is often the case in hotels. I ordered almost every night and the food was at my door within 30 minutes. If I am ever in the St Albans area again I wouldn't hesistate to book here again. Lovely place.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with on Tripadvisor.

Your comments are extremely positive, I am happy to read that you received great customer service as our team work hard to ensure they offer excellent customer service and that high standards are delivered to each guest.

We are here to cater for you needs and any special requirements you have we will endeavour to meet.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Extremely pleasant hotel, very professional and the staff are very efficient. Room quality was superb. My only grumble was there is no air con in the room, and given the recent temperatures made it very uncomfortable sleeping at night. Other than that this hotel is fantastic, and located in a fantastic area. The facilities are fantastic, highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business