“hotel review”
Review of Ardmore House

Ardmore House
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in St Albans
Reviewed 15 February 2014

The hotel looked welcoming on arrival.The staff were very helpful and happy.We were in room 19 up a small flight of stairs.The room itself was small but comfortable and clean.We had booked a valentines meal in the restaurant in advance and weren't disappointed. The meal was fantastic and made all the more special with a live singer .At breakfast we had a choice of cereals jams etc or a full English.Again the food was very good and staff pleasant.If I had to grumble it would be that the hotel looked tired in places.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ardmore House

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I booked this hotel for me and my husband for a valentines treat! We had a lovely three course meal which was very good dining, accompanied by pianist and singer who was very good. We stayed in room 19 a double en-suite which although small for a double was very comfortable and clean so no complaints. We had a hearty cooked breakfast the next morning which was fresh and served by lovely friendly staff. We will definately stay again! Mainly because all the staff are very welcoming and friendly but also because the food was tasty and good value for money. Thank you Ardmore for a wonderful stay :)

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We stayed here for 1 night. The family room was very spacious. The breakfast was good however the people serving it could do with smiling! It is very well placed for the main shopping area, theatre etc.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stayed here for just one night but would of loved to have stayed longer,comfortable room,nice warm feeling throughout whole of hotel,superb safe off street parking,great breakfast and the price just £70.00 for a twin room for myself and wife now that's what I call value.Room was spotless beds comfy and bathroom perfectly adequate at this price,would not hesistate staying here again,thankyou to all the staff.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 1 twin with ensuite very good
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2014

really nice family run home. all a bit quirky but staff are really friendly and the rooms whilst a little old fashioned are really clean, beds are super comfortable and linen and towels really nice. I will stay again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed here on business as it's close to the train station and city centre. I was originally meant to stay for a week but booked myself out after one night. I was in a single room which was ridiculously small. It was a box room and was impractical: I couldn't even fit my suitcase on the floor without having to trip over it on my way to the bathroom. I enquired at reception if I could be moved to a bigger room but was told that this was the norm and that the others were even smaller. I'm shocked that this cost £71.50 a night when a £25.00 travelodge has twice the amount of space.

The shower was trickly and the temperature was inconsistent. I found that the whole place resembled faulty towers. It's very old fashioned and i didn't feel comfortable staying here, although that could be down to personal taste. The staff were okay and I didn't chance the food. All in all, really disappointing, and I'm still in shock at the price of the rooms.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed here with my husband for my birthday in November. We'd booked a newly refurbished room but were pleasantly surprised to be informed that the hotel had upgraded us to a suite... Wow! It exceeded our expectations. Luxurious, romantic, sumptuous sum it up. We had a table booked for dinner and 11 friends joining us. Our meal was delicious, not a single complaint, the staff were attentive and the atmosphere was good, with live music played as we ate. My husband had made arrangements to decorate the table earlier in the day and for Birthday cake to be brought to our table after the meal. He said that the staff were really helpful and that nothing was too much trouble.
After dinner we danced the rest of the night away to the disco. Shame the disco didn't start a little earlier, I could've danced all night. We had a few more drinks in the bar area before retiring to bed.
After a great nights sleep, we went for breakfast- Delicious, this topped off a wonderful stay. Thanks Joe and all the staff at Ardmore house, I haven't stopped recommending you.

• Stayed: November 2013
St Michael's Manor Hotel
#5 of 10 in St Albans
Holiday Inn Express St. Albans - M25, Jct. 22
Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel

Been to Ardmore House? Share your experiences!