Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel
Official Site
Ardmore House(St Albans)
US$134
US$108
Clarion Collection Hotel St. Albans(St Albans)(Great Value!)
US$88
Priceline
US$82
US$88
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn St Albans City Centre Hotel(St Albans)(Great Value!)
US$86
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$89
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
All reviewsleisure facilitiesleisure clubsuperior roomplenty of parkingcar parkoakwatfordstsaunamotorwayvenue
Reviewed 30 March 2011

Stayed in this hotel last night as part of a birthday treat. After reading the reviews, was slightly concerned what we were letting ourselves in for.
First impressions were good, the outside I pleasent and there is plenty of parking. The reception staff were friendly and check in was smooth. The public areas are clean and Around the hotel staff are friendly and helpful.
Our room was in the first floor, we booked a standard room and it was just that. The rooms have all the basics you need, with a good size tv. The rooms are quite dated though and could do with a spruce up. The beds are comfy though... People have talked about being cold, we were quite the opposite, we were both very hot, even with both windows open!!!
We went to the leisure centre and used the jacuzzi, pool and sauna (steam room broken) the leisure facilities were all clean and tidy, and a lovely extra.
Breakfast was good, was not cold at all, and had great choice. If you pay on the day it's £16.95.
This hotel could just do with a good spruce up and an update, we got a good cheap deal, but if I had paid full price I would have been disappointed purely because if the room, it was just very dated, also there are smoking rooms and we could smell smoke coming into our room which isn't the nicest!! I think it's more of a 3star!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2011

We booked for partners birthday - looked OK on website but when we arrived we found an incredibly tired and tatty venue - I tried to book flowers for the room 2 days in advance but no-one replied to my email. The room was very dark and tired and the bed rock hard and impossible to sleep on. Bathroom smelt of damp and the sink was cracked.
It's too far from anywhere else to go for a meal if you want to have a drink and the prices in the hotel are quite high for the quality of food and drink.
Other guests were noisy into the early hours, floodlights were left on outside so birds were tweeting all night and we could hear the people talking in the next room.
Worse still was that we booked on line and paid extra for breakfast only to be told we hadn't 'upgraded' so couldn't have a cooked breakfast - apparently we'd paid £12 or £15 each (I can't remember exactly how much) for a continental breakfast in the bar! That was real insult to injury and the last straw as far as I was concerned - it felt like a complete rip off as the upgrade would have been another tenner each.
Thankfully we only stayed one night and it totally ruined the whole birthday experience.
I couldn't recommend anything about this place except the staff who were really nice.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 60dragons
Reviewed 25 March 2011

Excellent service
Excellent food
Very comfortable room although you could hear traffic noise
Great location

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 13 February 2011

First of all, we booked the special deal (£124) which included B+B+3 course dinner online, only to be told it didn’t exist. We were then put into another restaurant which only had 3 choices of each course and consisted of mainly fish dishes which my wife can’t eat as she is pregnant. We also booked a manicure for her (which was fine) and I was going to have a sauna and a swim only to be told when we checked that it was closed because the roof had collapsed.
The room itself was freezing, the heating didn’t work and the shower control didn’t work properly either. I almost burnt my skin trying to maintain the temperature.
The breakfast was stone cold (all of it), and when I asked for a top up of tea the woman half filled my cup and walked off without saying anything. Just rude!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ruggerEssex
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Title says it all......part from, I'd never stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2011