“Pleasant stay but noisy at times”

Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in St Albans
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“Pleasant stay but noisy at times”
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

It's a nice hotel the room was good and the pool and leisure facilities are nice to use.
The food in the bar area was lovely, well worth a visit.
We were woken a few times by noisy guests in the halls which isn't the hotels fault, but soft closing doors would help!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helen C
Michael L, Manager at Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Helen C,

Thanks for your review.

I am very pleased to see your positive comments regarding the hotel as a whole.

I am sorry that you were disturbed by some of our other guests during the stay, and I do appreciate your understanding with this matter

We hope to welcome you again the next time you are in town.

Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Myself and various colleagues stayed here for business this week. Clean hotel, nice bar, friendly staff.

Two things let this hotel down badly however,
- location- not a bad distance from the local town but you have to make a very precarious turning off of a busy roundabout to enter the hotel grounds.
-HOT- it was boiling hot all night and turning off radiators made no difference as the rest of the hotel was sweltering which filtered into my room.

1 Thank James B
Dear James B,

Thanks for your review.

I am pleased to see your comments regarding the cleanliness of our hotel along with the friendly and welcoming team.

I do apologise that you found your room to be warmer than you would like, perhaps next time you visit one of our air conditioned rooms may suit you better.

Best wishes
Manchester
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed at the Thistle on business, arriving after 6:30 and leaving early. It was a very pleasant stay, check in was quick & easy, the Wi-Fi in the room free and worked well (actually very well non of the handing over all of your personal details before being begrudgingly granted access) one click and you're in.

I chose to eat dinner in the bar watching football, it was the wrong result, though I can't blame that on the hotel management, decent food well served and very efficient.

Had I been organised I would have taken swimming trunks and used the pool, maybe next time.

1 Thank comfycol
Dear Comfycol,

Thanks for your review.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the stay with us, particularly your feedback regarding our high speed WIFI and food offerings.

Apologies that the football didnt go your way and we do look forward to welcoming you again.

Enfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My partner and I stayed here for one night for Valentine's Day and enjoyed our stay thoroughly! Upon check in the girl was friendly and informative, the room was surprisingly spacious and had everything we needed. We made a booking in the restaurant that evening with the young gentleman manager in the small bar and I have to say the food that we had was very tasty indeed! Even though it was busy all the staff made sure we had what we wanted. Thank you to the young man who looked after us during our meal (I think tom was his name??) I will return with some friends in a couple of weeks time for a meal

• Stayed February 2014
Michael L, Manager at Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Ctayl,

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased to see that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and I will pass your kind words on to Tom.

I hope the next time you are in the area you visit us again.

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last night with my husband and son for a relaxing break - not to be unfortunately! Started with not being able to find the hotel & when rang for directions the receptionist was no help at all. Booked into the restaurant for dinner for 8.30 - which the service was atrocious. Ordered a bottle of wine which they just plonked on the table, didn't take the lid off or ask if we wanted to taste the wine!! We had to ask for everything - drinks, to order food! Didn't clear the plates before our main turned up, the list goes on! However after speaking to the restaurant manager he did apologise and gave us a discount on our food, so we were happy that it had been dealt with & went off to bed. Unfortunately though we couldn't sleep due to the noise level of the room above (stayed in room 128). The couple had the telly on loud until 6.00am this morning and didn't stop talking, or arguing, felt we were in the room with them. Rang the duty manager at 4.30 this morning and tried to change our room, but no more family rooms! They asked the couple to keep the noise down - but it didn't make any difference. Think it was the acoustics of the room as we could even hear when the manager knocked on the door! Nightmare - would not return here in a hurry!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Vince W
Michael L, Manager at Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Vince W,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that your experience with us was not what you hoped for.

We endeavour to give all our guests a memorable stay and it would seem on this occasion we didn't reach our usually high standard.

The feedback has been taken on board and this learning will help our team in the future

Travellers are raving about these St Albans hotels

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

My hubby and stayed 2nights at the noke hotel .the 1st night we ate in the advadcodo restaurant . Big mistake ..we had sirloin steak was not cooked . The room was very clean and comfortable with no complaints ..the gym all the facilities excellent ..expect the food over priced and not good ..so 10 mins walk from the hotel is a lovely pub called the 3Hammers ...we ate there it was fab ..we enjoyed the sauna steam room and the pool ..very good ..yes we would go back again ..but not eat there ..

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Libleo
Dear Libelo,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to see that overall you had a positive stay with us and you enjoyed our leisure club particularly.

My apologies that you found that you're steak was not cooked to your liking. I would always encourage our guests to let us know at the time if they have any issues, so that we may try and resolve it whilst you are still in the hotel.

I hope you visit us again the next time you are in the area.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Just popped in for a cup of tea and a rest whilst travelling. Lovely, friendly staff. Quick and efficient service. Clean lounge, bit dated and not very light but very cosy. Not alot of parking spaces.

Dear Bunteeeee,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to see you found our team to be friendly and efficient and perhaps next time you will stay long enough for a bite to eat.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Albans
Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel
St Michael's Manor Hotel
St Michael's Manor Hotel
#5 of 10 in St Albans

Been to Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel? Share your experiences!