“Amazing!”

Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in St Albans
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Came here for my moms birthday, as we had tickets to the Harry potter tour. What a hotel! Absolutely lovely and the staff were more than happy to help with anything. The food is better than great and the beds are luxury. Lovely pool and spa pool too. Love this place and didn't want to leave. Will deffo come back.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Chelsc1989
Michael L, Manager at Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Chelsc1989,

Thanks for your review.

It was fantastic to read such lovely comments. I have fed this back to the team this morning and it has certainly perked up their grey Monday.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

There are newer reviews for Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I've stayed here a few times. Rooms clean and comfortable. The downside is they can be quite warm, which is fine in cold weather but not so good when the weather is warm. Even though radiators are off I think the problem is the hot water pipes running through the rooms give of a lot of heat.

The hotel has free Wifi throughout, and actually works well throughout the hotel (which is rare in my experience) so this hotel is desirable if Wifi is important for you.

Hotel has a leisure centre (gym, pool, sauna) which is free for guests.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Macboy5

Dear Macboy5,

Thanks for your review.

I am pleased to read that you are a returning guest and that you find the standard & price of our hotel desirable.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel was dirty ... Very loud and noisy as there was a wedding going on, people that had been drinking causing a nuisance, shouting swearing music which was loud must have gone on until 2am or something silly, dated inside carpet needs a good clean, prices are a rip off

Wouldn't stay here again

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank razzLondon
Michael L, Manager at Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear RazzLondon,

Thanks for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us recently.

We take all feedback seriously and I will investigate the points you raised in relation to noisy Wedding guests.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Only stayed here for one night, but it's such a lovely hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms where clean and very comfortable. The bed slept amazingly :)

The breakfast is recommended, so much choice and it was all fresh and delicious! would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Greenstar88_12,

Thanks for your review.

It was very pleasing to read such fantastic comments regarding our Hotel.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We didn't pay a lot for our room, £65. It was a standard twin. It was clean and fairly comfortable. Here's the problem, the standard rooms don't have air con and face the busy road (there had to be a catch). We visited in April, and the rooms were inexplicably boiling. We had to open the windows = big road noise all night. If this isn't a problem, then fine. No real gripe other than the temperature and road noise. Probably wouldn't stay again because of heat and road noise. We we offered a deluxe room, with air con, for £20 extra, I'm not sure if that was per person. We decided not to. Can't comment on breakfast as we passed on that.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Aroomsomewhere,

Thanks for your review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay us except for the room being a little hot for you. So you are aware the upgraded price you were quoted was for the room and not per person.

I hope the next time you are in town you stay with us and sample the breakfast this time.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

My usual Hatfield hotel had a wedding party and would only offer me their rack rate; so I opted for the Noke. Best decision I've made in a long time.

The hotel is built up around an only county style house; the room was comfortable and well appointed. There were windows overlooking a large grassed courtyard (thankfully the bathroom windows are frosted!). Able to have both open to get fresh air although the room temperature controls were easy to operate.

Breakfast was offered from 7am at weekends (massive tick from me) and was well present and the hot food looked freshly cooked as was indeed 'hot' the fried eggs were runny.

Dinner could be taken 'bistro' style in the bar or more formal in the restaurant. Opted to put on a pair of slacks and a shirt and eat more formally; A very good range on the set menu and service was very good. Will swap this for my regular Hatfield hotel in future

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Christines_Friend,

Thanks for your review.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay so much that you will be back to see us again soon.

We take all feedback seriously and it is great to have such positive comments to share with the team.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Have stayed here twice now on business and definitely wouldn't stay again. I only came back as I thought I would give it another go. I won't be staying again.

The main issue with this hotel is that it's impossible to sleep as they rooms are extremely warm. This was on both occasions. You only have tiny windows which don't let much air in. The radiators were off so I have no idea why it is so hot but it's unbearable.

The first time I stayed, the hot tub wasn't working and the restaurant was closed. I arrived at around 4pm on a Sunday and could only get cold sandwiches after travelling for hours.

The second time, I put my card out for breakfast to be delivered and nobody collected it. I had to call reception and have it delivered. When it arrived it wasn't even what I had asked for.

The actual hotel is nice and clean, so it's a real shame that it is let down by these issues.

Room Tip: It doesn't really matter which room you choose - they all seem to be too warm.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DB_5855

Dear DB_5855,

Thanks for your review.

Apologies that you did not enjoy your recent visit to the Hotel. It would seem we fell short of our usually high standards in a few areas during your stay and this will be investigated.

I am pleased to read however that you found the hotel to be very clean and of a high standard in general.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Albans
Ardmore House
#8 of 10 in St Albans
Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel
Premier Inn Watford North Hotel

Been to Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel? Share your experiences!