“Very helpful”

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in St Albans
Adelaide, Australia
“Very helpful”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

On arriving at Heathrow at 5am after flying for 36hours we were driving to Cambridge and could not check in for another 8 hours. We called into this hotel to ask about breakfast and maybe a chance for a shower. They could not have been more helpful. They offered a special rate room for several hours enabling us to shower,change and have a marvellous breakfast followed by a couple hours of sleep. A lovely helpful place to be thoroughly recommended.

3 Thank Susanne09
Michael L, Manager at Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Susanne09,

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased to read that the team accommodated your needs sufficiently well during your brief stay with us.

I hope the remainder of your trip to the UK is just as enjoyable.

Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Georgia, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights while visiting a friend who lives in St. Albans. The rooms were adequate and the beds were comfortable. We ordered a flatbread and hummus appetizer through room service. They were out of hummus, but were quick to accommodate us by offering an alternative and not charging us Oak Restaurant was also nice. The hotel is too far to walk into the town, but the hotel was helpful in arranging taxi service.

We would definitely return.

Room Tip: Recommend you ask for a room that does not face the courtyard so you can open your drapes and still...
6 Thank Laura T
Dear Laura T,

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again.

Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My husband and I came to the hotel last Saturday for a wedding and we had mixed feelings on the hotel. Location is a bit strange and a bit hard to find, however we very much enjoyed the 'Oak restaurant.' Two kind young gentlemen on the bar were keen to help and delivered service with a smile, very easy to talk to also. Food not so nice but staff good.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vanessa S
Dear Vanessa S,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read that overall your experience with us was a good one.

We hope you visit us again the next time you are in the area.

Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Gifts were dropped of at the hotel on Saturday morning with clear instructions to the receptionist for the balloon/banners to be put up and the gifts put in the room, NONE of these items were in the room when myself and my husband arrived on the Saturday night. I contacted the hotel on Sunday to ask where the items were and was told there had been no items and they wanted to 'call me back tomorrow!' i demanded to speak to a manager who within 10 minutes had the CCTV footage of the items being delivered to the reception and then into the room. The items were NOT in the room when we arrived on the Saturday but the manager told me he had found them on the table in the room on Sunday....when I arrived to pick up items he changed his story and said they were in fact found in lost property! I was promised i would receive an email by the Wednesday explaining what had happened and where the remaining missing items were. I have yet to receive this email after returning from our honeymoon and will be contacting the hotel again. Very poor customer service and very poor communication

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank hannah3332014
Michael L, Manager at Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Hannah3332014,

Thanks for your review.

Firstly let me apologise that you are still awaiting communication from the hotel.

Can I ask if you could email me directly so that I can get this issue resolved asap. My email is michael.lee2@thistle.co.uk.

Travellers are raving about these St Albans hotels

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel would not get any positive recommendations from me. They overcharged me £34.00 for a room, I paid by cash and they used every excuse under the sun not to refund me even a member from their kitchen team was going to give me the 34.00 out of their own pocket bless them. The reception were absolutely snobby as anything worst thing is there was a party of over 10 of us booked into the hotel for a wedding and they actually had no rooms for them saying we didnt book rooms. Even Vishal clearly said to me i should have given my bank details....listen up Vishal i dont trust companies with my bank details and i prefer to pay by cash for everything. This manager Vishal reduced my children to tears all they offered to pay was a 10.00 complimentary taxi. Please dont stop there worst hotel i have ever been in!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2014
6 Thank leannenorth
Michael L, Manager at Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2014
Dear LeanneNorth,

Thank you for your review.

I understand your complaint was handled by our Duty Manager whilst you were still at the hotel.

I am sorry you felt you were overcharged for your stay however we did try to explain the reason for this and the charges were applied correctly.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Booked here for my family get together at my cousins, booked through booking.com, slight confusion at desk but help full.
Our room was a bit noisy during night as we were near a door that guests went out for a cigarette in early ours. Didn't stay for breakfast as they wanted £10pp.

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank MCT52
Michael L, Manager at Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear MCT52,

Thanks for your review.

We hope to see you the next time you are in the area.

Micahel
Gillingham
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was for my wife a pleasant visit and a good deal. The whole place was generally well thought out for the disabled. Rooms were clean and air con worked and a choice of pillow type,the provision of atable and chairs in the room was a nice touch. Food very good and bar service excellent. Breakfast was very nice well presented with plenty of choice seen a lot worse and few better for the price.

Room Tip: rooms at rear are quieter
4 Thank Ketles
Dear Ketles,

Thanks for your review.

It was very pleasing to read such positive comments about your stay.

We look forward to seeing you and your wife the next time you are in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Albans
Ardmore House
#8 of 10 in St Albans
Premier Inn Watford North Hotel
Mercure London Watford Hotel

Been to Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel? Share your experiences!