I went to Sopwell House for hen/spa weekend as a group of 10. From the minute of arrival this place had a wonderful feel about it and looked impressive with lovely modern décor. We checked in quickly, and although we were early, some of the rooms were already available to check-in. We headed straight down to have afternoon tea which was lovely, such good service, surroundings and food (and lots of it!) – I thoroughly recommend.
We then went to the spa; the pool, steam room etc was all wonderful – really good facilities, very clean but get there early otherwise all the beds disappear! We each had treatments which were wonderful – the staff are all very professional and very skilled at their jobs. I had a neck, back and shoulder massage and the lady got all my knots out! Followed by a wonderful facial – the management needs to praise the spa-staff as the reputation is fantastic and many people had heard of this spa before my arrival and were praising it. I wouldn’t hesitate to go back for further treatments – although it is pricey!
The rooms are lovely – really comfy beds, nicely decorated rooms with big telly’s! The bathroom was gorgeous and comes with little toiletries and the shower is perfect. Some of party forgot toothbrushes and the reception provided this for free (complete with toothpaste and floss!) to me these are signs of a really well run hotel! We realise upon checking in that we could adjoin our room with our friends next door and within minutes of phoning reception someone had come up and rectified this for us!
We had dinner that evening and breakfast and lunch the following day and the food is amazing! There is a lot to choose from on the menu and at the buffet and the food is of such high quality and is constantly refilled. Being a large party of 10 they ensured they reserved tables for us prior to arrival and were so attentive to various allergy and dietary concerns of the group – we were a fairly fussy group of eaters and they made us feel it was no trouble at all.
I can’t praise this hotel highly enough and a result of such a successful weekend we have decided to make this an annual trip! Sopwell House I can’t wait to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in 12 acres of tranquil gardens Sopwell House is a 4 star hotel in Hertfordshire and the former Georgian country residence of Lord Mountbatten. Once you enter this 'home away from home' our attentive staff, family friendly service and luxurious spa facilities will provide the perfect setting to your stay or event. Our Country House hotel enables you to escape from it all and is within easy reach of London, St Pancras National & International Train Station and Luton Airport. With 128 stylish bedrooms and suites including 16 soon to be completed Mews Apartments to choose from, exceptional service, delicious food and our opulent spa you'll find it hard to leave. As well as boasting 19 flexible function suites, Sopwell House has recently been awarded winner of the 2015 Conde Nast Johansens Awards for Excellence in the category 'Best for Meetings' recognising their outstanding contribution to the corporate and social world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Sopwell House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sopwell House Country Club And Spa
- Sopwell House Country Club Hotel St. Albans
- Sopwell Hotel Country