2,643 results
All reviewsspa breakafternoon teacocktail loungefull body massagebreakfast and lunchspa facilitiesexecutive roomhead butlerterrace barbrasserie restaurantlovely spasteam roombirthday treatsandwichesmy mumcourse dinnerrelaxing stay
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I had heard great reviews of this hotel for several years but this was my first visit. I stayed for one night following a function. The staff at reception were extremely helpful and I was allocated a newly refurbished room. All of the staff throughout my stay were obliging, nothing was too much trouble.
The breakfast was superb with proper fresh orange juice and as much coffee and toast as you wished.
The spa had many staff and they all seemed very friendly.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Alessandro C, General Manager at Sopwell House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of Sopwell House and I am so pleased you managed to visit us after all the years of recommendations.

I couldn’t be happier than to be described as a perfect hotel and I am delighted we exceeded your expectations.

I hope you will come back and see us again very soon and in the meantime, thank you once again for sharing your valuable and rewarding feedback.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

This is the perfect venue to celebrate that special occasion. We booked a triple room, but they were all being renovated so we were upgraded to the lovely mews room which was adapted for the three of us and had a lovely private area outside overlooking the garden with table and chairs. My friend arrived too late for her treatments but they booked her in for the next day no problem. My friends and I were pleasantly surprised at how extremely friendly all the staff were, asking if there was anything we needed to just ask - a first class service. The Spa rooms were being renovated and the double bedrooms used were beautiful. The pool area is a bit of a let down in that there are not enough loungers but that is due to available space, but there are more outside. Our spa treatments as part of our package were very good and the staff were lovely. It would be nice if when the spa renovations are complete, there could be a relaxation area, perhaps near the pool.The food was first class and the cocktails menu excellent. We had a marvelous time made more pleasurable by the wonderful staff.

Room Tip: The Mews room away from the main hotel are a real treat.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your superb review of Sopwell House and I am thrilled you and your friends chose to spend this very special occasion with us.

It was so rewarding to read your comments and particularly those about our wonderful team who work so hard to exceed our guest expectations.

I am so glad you enjoyed the first class food and of course the cocktail menu is always worth a try whatever the occasion!

I hope we will see you again very soon and thank you once again for sharing your fantastic experience.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I came for a midweek spa break with my friend. We loved the spa and as a swimmer I especially enjoyed the pool. The grounds are lovely and spacious and we enjoyed the spring flowers and the water features. Our room was pleasant and the hotel was reasonably clean and quiet. Only gripe was the evening meal we had when we arrived, which was really poor. We had peri peri chicken with supposedly crispy chips and Caesar salad. The salad was just a chopped lettuce, rather worse for the wear, in a tiny pot and the chips were soggy. The chicken wasn't tasty. However, when we complained the hotel staff couldn't have been more apologetic and we were upgraded to eat the following night in the restaurant where we had a top class meal with wine thrown in gratis. The staff were friendly and helpful throughout. I hope to return!

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Sopwell House and I am delighted you enjoyed your spa break with us.

I must admit the grounds are looking spectacular now spring is here and we are looking forward to opening up our spa garden and outdoor terraces very soon.

I am sorry you did not enjoy your meal on the first evening but am pleased the team rectified the situation immediately and professionally.

Thank you again for the feedback and we look forward to warmly welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Had a spa day booked as a present, bit of a let down. If you have been to The Sanctuary or Champneys this will be a disappointment - definitely lower division. Not so much a spa as a gym with a sauna. Only place to relax is at poolside with insufficient loungers and ventilation when sun hits windows. Changing rooms tiny and overcrowded. Buffet lunch very disappointing. Overpriced bottle of white wine served at room temperature???? Deserts were processed rubbery conconctions. On the positive side massage was excellent, but for seasoned spa visitors this is one to avoid.

2  Thank Sue O

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent visit to Sopwell House and I am hugely disappointed you did not enjoy your gift.

Your experience certainly does not sound like a typical day at Sopwell House although I was pleased to read you thoroughly enjoyed your massage.

Happily other seasoned spa visitors seem to love the hotel as much as we do but I am sad this was not the case for you personally.

Nevertheless, thank you for the feedback.

Kind regards

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I recently stayed at Sopwell House for a spa weekend and had an absolutely fantastic time!

I had booked the weekend about six months prior for my sister's Hen Party, as my sister and her friends were not the type to want a weekend of drinking and dressing up, so I was looking for a classy setting where everyone could relax and have a catch up and Sopwell was absolutely perfect for this.

From the initial phone conversation to the end of the weekend everything was perfect, there were 16 of us in total, which is a fair number to organise but I had no need to worry as the professionalism of the staff took away all the stress through their great organisation. I was particularly impressed how helpful the booking process was, a large number of the group worked shifts due to their occupation and this meant that they were unable to give me a definite answer to whether they could attend until much closer to the date. Sopwell House were extremely accommodating with this, allowing the booking to be altered up until one week before the date without incurring any additional charges.

We had three meals in total (a three course dinner, buffet breakfast and buffet lunch), each one equally wonderful (I even heard another guest, not with our party, commenting that it was possibly the best meal they've ever had!). Every member of our party thoroughly enjoyed their meals and they were very accommodating to dietary requirements (some members of the party being Vegetarian and Vegan).

We received two, 25 minute treatments each which were being held in the hotel rooms rather than the treatment rooms due to refurbishment. Myself and one other were aware of this (however the rest of the group had not been told) and when I mentioned it to the group after the treatments not one person had noticed the difference or thought that they had missed out on the quality of the experience. The rooms were arranged beautifully and extremely relaxing and the treatments (massage and facials) were fantastic! The spa itself was also a very enjoyable and a relaxing environment.

Having never been to Sopwell prior to the booking I was very impressed with our stay and the friendliness of the staff, every staff member we encountered was incredibly helpful and welcoming and a number of the group said they would certainly recommend and return to Sopwell in the future. I had booked the weekend as a complete surprise for my sister who loved the whole thing!

I can not recommend Sopwell House enough, the booking process was totally stress free and the overall experience was wonderful. Thank you very much.

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your outstanding review of Sopwell House and I am delighted you and your party had such a fantastic stay with us.

I have passed your feedback on to the whole team who are all so passionate about our guests’ experience and so I am very proud that they all had such an impact on your special weekend.

We look forward to seeing you and your sister again very soon and I hope you will let us know what you think of our fabulous new treatment rooms.

Thank you once again for your very rewarding review and for taking the time to share your experience.