2,659 results
All reviews spa break afternoon tea cocktail lounge full body massage breakfast and lunch spa facilities executive room head butler terrace bar brasserie restaurant lovely spa steam room birthday treat sandwiches my mum course dinner relaxing stay
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Really enjoyed my visit - Emilia was an amazing masseuse, would 100% reccomend her to a friend or family member as one of the best massages I have had! So relaxing and very friendly, made me feel very comfortable.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Jonathan E, Deputy General Manager at Sopwell House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent visit to our Spa.

Emilia is delighted with the personal mention and I thank you for future recommendations to your friends and family.

We are excited that our spa expansion project is coming along and will offer even more superb facilities to our guests with increased relaxation areas and loungers, along with state of the art facilities.

Your feedback is much appreciated and we do look forward to welcoming you back to Sopwell House soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Visited a couple of times for afternoon tea and thoroughly enjoyed both times. Lovely setting, beautiful surroundings, stylish entrance and lounge, very polite friendly and helpful staff and very tasty sandwiches and cakes. All round wonderful

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your fabulous experience of Afternoon Tea at Sopwell House.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our lovely Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sopwell house very soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for work as my company was running an event at the hotel. Really liked it. The room was lovely and spacious and the bathroom was beautiful with a huge shower head.
Also loved that the plugs had USB slots!
Dinner was great and service was also very good. Also so impressed that the room had Sky!
The gardens are beautiful too, especially in the summer sun.
My only reservation was that I felt a bit accused of being a thief when ordering room service and being told I had not paid the £100 holding fee on my card. I went to reception and showed them my Amex statement confirming that £100 had been taken when I checked in. They would not accept that and took a further £100, so they were holding £200 of my own money which I was a little uncomfortable with. Of course I did get it back, but the way it was handled could have been better.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent work visit to Sopwell House.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our Hotel and the facilities we have here.

I was naturally disappointed to read about the issues you had at reception and I have shared your comments with the relevant Manager to ensure this does not happen again and I am pleased that this has now been returned to you.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Sopwell House in the near future.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

We had a lovely night at Sopwell HH. We were meeting friends for dinner and chose to stay overnight as the hotel had a promotion on at the time......so our friends also booked to stay overnight. Although we were familiar with Sopwell HH (from years previous), we had never stayed there before. When we arrived we were upgraded and everything in our room and the hotel was very clean and tidy. We really enjoyed our evening (and our 3 course meal....& breakfast), and of course our time with our friends. It was a nice 'treat' and we will definitely return on another occasion.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Jonathan E, Deputy General Manager at Sopwell House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Thank you for choosing Sopwell House and in particular for taking the time to share your experience.

I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time for your first stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sopwell House very soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

We came here as part of my Mothers 50th in April 2017 and I was quite unhappy with the room we were initially given as it was so small and dated. The manager Gisella was amazing at making sure we were happy and moved us in to an exquisite suite. It really made my mothers birthday. The treatments we had in the Spa were wonderful as well, a body scrub and massage by Sophia (I think). The restaurants are a bit expensive, however the food was nice enough. We went out for dinner in St Albans town centre at Per Tutti and it was amazing, definitely worth a visit.

Stayed: September 2018
2  Thank Kacylee

Thank you for choosing Sopwell House to celebrate your mums special birthday.

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with your initial room but delighted that Gisella assisted in re-locating you. I have passed your kind comments onto her and to Sophia in our Spa.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sopwell House very soon.