“Great food, and lovely service!”
Review of Chi Chinese Cuisine - CLOSED

Chi Chinese Cuisine
Price range: US$14 - US$42
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: We are delighted to serve you tasty authentic Chinese cuisine with a twist, featuring healthy and delicious creations by our award-winning chef. We take pride in presenting beautifully concocted dishes using premium ingredients. Come try our renowned Crispy Aromatic Duck, and Angus fillet steak in black pepper sauce. We guarantee an excitement of taste buds, and a relaxing dining experience knowing that we strive to provide the best and freshest ingredients in a stylishly renovated space. Our two-floor space entertains with music and performances (Please check our website and Facebook for more information), and we are always more than happy to host your private celebrations, whatever the occasion!
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The staff at Chi are wonderfully friendly and attentive, and the food comes incredibly quickly.
There are plenty of very good vegetarian options, and the food is delicious and also tastes very fresh.
They did have some uncomfortable fabric chairs, but they have now been replaced with very comfy seats.
Prices are also very good.
I would highly recommend the sea-spiced aubergine!

Chi C, Manager at Chi Chinese Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for your continued support and generous comments! We very much appreciate that you noticed and enjoyed the improvement we made in the space. It is encouraging to know we are moving in the right direction to serve you better. We are working on the new summer menu and will be sure to serve you exciting and always delicious food on your next visit! Thanks again and best wishes.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We have avoided this restaurant for some years having had an awful meal there (under previous management) . HOWEVER, recent reviews have tempted us back. I'm glad we tried.

The atmosphere is somewhat lacking and the silver painted tables are somewhat shabby, but the food more than makes up for this. Every dish delivered was beautifully cooked and very tasty. If they could improve on their service (we had almost finished our meal when the last dish arrived) it would be even better.

This is best probably the best Chinese food in St Albans.

1  Thank SCBD

We are glad you came back to give us a try, and we are very happy to hear you enjoyed the food. Thank you for your generous feedback, we are definitely working on the service and timing to serve you better on your next visit. Best wishes and looking forward to having you again.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Visited Chi for the first time on Saturday night and was very pleased. Friendly welcome, pleasant staff, good menu choice and when served food was hot, very tasty and very well cooked. The crispy duck was particularly good. Very happy to recommend and will certainly be visiting again.

Chi C, Manager at Chi Chinese Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

The pleasure is all ours! Great food, good people and happy customers is what we believe in. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the dinner at Chi and will be more than happy to take care of you again. Many thanks and best wishes.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and I had a quick lunch there. The food was okay. The menu seems quite extensive and has good authentic chinese dishes which are impressive. I am quite bored with all these English Chinese dishes, so I am pleased that we have the real deal in St Albans. I have not tried them yet but will definitely do so but probably just to order take away (reason given below).

The staff were polite and the atmosphere was pleasant.

One negative comment is the tables - the design mean you can't really sit comfortable. I don't think they are the right tables for the restaurant. To me it is a big issue, as it doesn't matter how nice the food is, you need to sit comfortably to enjoy it.

I would have given very good if it wasn't for the tables.

Chi C, Manager at Chi Chinese Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for your constructive comment. We are glad the food and service met your expectations and regret your dining experience had not been perfect. We are looking at a few solutions to address the table issue, and hopefully will have it resolved very soon. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks again and please check back with us in a few weeks and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Having lived in St Albans for 25 years we have always had to go out of town for a Chinese restaurant. Alas not now. Having found Chi reviews on TA we thought we would give it a try.

Easy to book and when we arrived we were promptly seated. The restaurant was busy too.

Drinks order was taken and I'm quite fussy when it comes to my beer, firstly in a Chinese I like Chinese beer and I like it ice cold. I could not have been more pleased the beer was absolutely ice cold.

We opted for 2 starter dishes of a chicken and squid dish which were devine and then a 1/4 of Peking duck. My only observation is that the duck looked like it had been on a diet but there was enough and it was really good.

For our main course we kept but simple, Kom Po chicken and Lamb Chops with some Singapore noodles. The portion sizes were good, the food was hot fresh and exceptionally good. The lamb fell off the bone and the chicken was succulent.

So 3 course Chinese dinner with drinks and service £54. Not only exceptional food but reasonably priced. Also 5 star food and hygiene rating on the door.

Hope Chi goes from strength to strength and they keep the same quality and standards as I will return v soon. Best Chinese in St Albans!!

Chi C, Manager at Chi Chinese Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

We are thrilled to hear your generous comments and our team is very happy to know that you had a pleasant dining experience from start to finish. It is our privilege to be part of a great community at St. Albans, and we will deliver nothing short of the best and contribute a little excitement to the local food scene. Many thanks and look forward to serving you again.