“Lovely authentic Italian restaurant”
Review of Verdi's Trattoria

Verdi's Trattoria
Ranked #44 of 334 Restaurants in St Albans
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Lovely authentic Italian restaurant”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We have visited this beautiful little restaurant as a family many many times and have never been disappointed!! The staff have always been competent and polite and there is always a lovely atmosphere! The food has always been of a very high quality and is cooked fresh!! Could not fault this restaurant, definitely one of our favourite places to eat in St. Albans! :)

London, United Kingdom
“Hair found in ice cream”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

As if finding a hair in your ice cream isn't bad enough - I was then accused by the owner of Verdi's of lying about it (told it must have blown into my ice cream). Unhygienic and terrible customer service.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank ClareS824
St Albans, United Kingdom
“Birthday dinner - didn't disappoint!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My first visit to this restaurant and we were pleasantly surprised by the quality and quantity of the food and the very attentive service.

We will definitely return.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank alishankly
London, United Kingdom
“I love this authentic award-winning family-run Italian restaurant!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Probably one of the best restaurants I've eaten at this year for good quality tasty Italian dishes. Love the ingredients they use and very good starter and main course dishes. The setting is good at the corner of a local park and staff are friendly.

The restaurant was very busy during the evening we went and so service wasn't as quick as usual. Disappointed also that the four or five waitress staff seemed elusive and weren't circulating in the restaurant to check meals were ok or if we needed more drinks.

Everything else was 100% and I will definitely be back to sample more of the many, many dishes they offer...

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank NewMacDonald
“Delicious food, great value”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

If you like BIG portions, go to Verdi's! My husband and I went for dinner on our anniversary weekend. The restaurant is located on the edge of a beautiful park, and it would be perfect for eating outside, but unfortunately it was a bit too cold on the day we went. However, our table was next to the kitchen, and it was great to watch our food being freshly prepared.

The rosemary focaccia was delicious. The pasta dishes were absolutely huge! My husband and I both have large appetites, and we certainly were not disappointed. In fact, it was the first time that I have seen my husband unable to finish his meal! I had pasta with clams, garlic and chilli and it was really tasty. I was especially impressed that it was absolutely crammed with clams, and for only £9!

We hope to come again the next time we are in St Albans.