Tankerfield House Bed and Breakfast
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Ardmore House(St Albans)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$113
Sopwell House(St Albans)
US$305
US$219
Official Site
US$82
Clarion Collection Hotel St. Albans(St Albans)(Great Value!)
US$96
Orbitz.com
US$216
US$81
Priceline
US$70
US$93
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn St Albans City Centre Hotel(St Albans)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
All reviewswhite roomb bsitting roomfriendly hostsoff street parkingcentre of townperfect hostswaffle housethree roomsbreakfast was deliciousa couple of minutes walkplenty of wardrobe spacefull english breakfastperfect locationspent two nightslarge bathroomfour nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here last night and found it to be very comfortable with a very soft bed, plenty of space, and a welcoming atmosphere. The location was perfect for exploring the local sights and we're very glad we stayed there. The breakfast was incredible and the service excellent!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DeLace M
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed in this most hospitable, clean, comfortable and well positioned B&B again recently. It is only 2 minutes walk to the centre of the town and has lovely views overlooking the nearby majestic St Albans Cathedral with its attractive parkland, which includes an extensive lake with alot of fascinating bird life. Other pleasant views look up the picturesque street towards the town centre. It is also near the wonderful Verulam Museum which hosts impressive Roman mosaics. Again I slept very well in a beautiful room. Tankerfield house is perfect for a peaceful R&R, as well as a tourist or business base being so close to London, and is excellent value for money. Alberto and Jacqui always make me most welcome, and it is a pleasure to step into the characterful Tankerfield House and receive their warm greeting, not to mention the superb breakfasts. I would strongly recommend it.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely with their own unique character. My preference is probably the Red Room, which is very spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Darian S
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I booked into this b&b for one night with my daughter as we were attending a celebration in St Albans on the Sat night. Unfortunately my daughter was unable to come at the last minute due to illness.

It was a bonus to be able to park off street and I received a warm welcome. My confirmation email advised I was booked into the White Room however on arrival I was given the Red Room, I wasn't offered an explanation however this is a minor point as the room was still pleasant spacious and comfortable. The en-suite however was one of the smallest I have seen but again clean and adequate for one night, any longer and I may have been frustrated!

The location was excellent and I had a very short walk to and from the b&b into the centre of town.

Breakfast was 7.30 till 9.00 which I felt was a little early to finish for a Sunday morning but that is only my personal opinion. I enjoyed the cooked breakfast immensely everything was fresh and well cooked.

Alberto and Jacqui were lovely hosts and I would recommend the b&b, I did pay £60 which for one person I felt was rather expensive as again the email had advised £35 per person per night but was told this was the room rate for single occupancy.

I would recommend Tankerfield House.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank sdrallop
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Our first time in St. Albans, and picked this B&B for something a bit different.

The B&B was lovely, with only three rooms it is very intimate - but a lovely setting and our room (the White room) had everything we needed. Added to that the hosts were perfect, given slight drama's around the wedding we were attending the hosts helped us out and were really good to us.

The breakfast was lovely, a full english was a perfect start to the days. Definitely good value for money given the equivalent cost of nearby hotels. Would go back there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed here with our friends for a birthday celebration nearby. As we arrived first, we picked the Green Room so I could sit comfortably in the sitting room watching athletics whilst my husband rested. After the party, we all arrived back at different times of the night, but this was no problem.
Breakfast was excellent and all six of us were catered for with ease. The decor of the whole house is really delightful and worth visiting for that alone.

Room Tip: All 3 rooms are uniquely different, but the Green Room has its own sitting room and full size bathroom.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends