“Lovely stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Albans
Tankerfield House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 15 St Albans B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I have just come back from our stay at Tankerfield House in St Albans & it truly was a lovely stay!!!
The bed & breakfast is absolutely superb. Lovely, old, quirky house right in the middle of St Albans. Jacqui is a wonderful host and makes you feel very welcome. We stayed in the green room which was fabulous, this has a separate sitting room and large bathroom which is wonderful. The bed was very comfortable and we had a very good sleep. The room was spotless and very comfortable. Breakfast by Alberto was wonderful, very tasty and fresh :)
We parked in the School car park which was more or less opposite Tankerfield House, it was £2 for four hours (we did stay overnight in the car park & weren't given a ticket).
I would definitely recommend Tankerfield House, we will most certainly be returning!!

We visited Harry Potter Land & would also recommend, an absolutely incredible experience (only 20 minute drive from St Albans). The Cathedral is also worth a visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kazboz

Reviewed 5 February 2014

have just returned from my third visit staying at tankerfield house. what a gem of a b and b. I just love the quirkiness of this place. I have stayed in all rooms now and I am not sure which one is my favourite....they are all individual. Jacqui is a most welcoming and helpful hostess while alberto serves the most amazing breakfasts superb. will be staying at tankerfield house again when visiting st.albans.

Room Tip: white room has double window aspect. blue room has a separate sitting area and the red room overlook...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed for a night a couple of weeks ago in The White Room. Lovely room, lovely hosts, lovely breakfast, really great location. The house itself is rather special too. Was a real pleasure to stay. Much nicer than chain hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2014

my wife and I stayed at Tankerfield last year for two weeks and were very well taken care of. It has a wonderful location across from the Cathedral and the accommodations were very welcoming. Also enjoyed the breakfast options each morning. We are planning on returning this year and will stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The land-lady/proprietor, Jacqueline, was very welcoming and pleasant ... she treated us like royalty. The building, furnishings and decor are stunningly beautiful and it couldn't be in a better, more central spot. highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank markgarveymarkgarvey
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My wife and I had a great night away here back in March. Perfect location for a walk in the park and also the shops, bars and restaurants.

Great value for money and the welcome was really good - sorry I have forgotten your names now but we will be back!

Enjoy!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My Dad and I stayed here over Christmas as we were visiting my sister in St Albans. The house is really lovely and our rooms were excellent - clean and beautifully furnished. Breakfast was delicious and we were made to feel very welcome. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family