“The best”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Really excellent curry. One of the best in St Albans and really friendly nice staff. Will be going again.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Fantastic food one of the best in St. Albans but never busy this place needs to be recommended to the locals it's very very good

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I quite enjoyed my meal in The Spice Lounge :) I was planning to use my Taste card for a discount but didn't have to as there was a special deal - not sure if they usually accept it for everything as when I mentioned it on the phone when booking the table for this evening they were hesitant about it - see a previous reviewer's comments on this.

I had a vegetable samosa which was served with salad for the starter, followed by a lamb balti for the main and pilau rice and a vegetable curry as a side dish. This was all for £9.95 per person, a special deal that is usually only available on Wednesdays but applied today because it was a bank holiday Monday just after Easter. Drinks were extra and were reasonably priced.

My dad also enjoyed his meal (he also had a lamb dish as part of the deal) and said the food was good. The place was clean as far as I could see.

Overall a good experience but very quiet so little atmosphere - apart from us two there was no one else in there, though we did hear the phone ring a few times for take away orders. This is probably not surprising for a bank holiday Monday just after Easter though - not sure what it is like normally as never visited before. There was some appropriate relaxing music though. The service was good so at the end of the day definitely recommended :)

Reviewed 2 March 2014

This place is just a little gem.... We were greeted by the friendly owner Das, who remembered my husband upon booking over the phone table for last night 1st March.
Great place for families,friend,couples and even singles, as Das always comes over to see you are ok and enjoying the food! He really does work so hard and we had a lovely young man who also served us , friendly , jokey but also left us alone to enjoy our evening together as a couple.
the Elvis night last October was really great a a well.
do try this place out and very reasonable prices, not over the top, the wine list is good and again not too pricey. Thank you again for a really enjoyable evening ... Paul and Sue

Orange HTC HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e
Your device already has this item installed.

1  Thank Ladygemini
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I have eaten in many Indian restaurants in St Albans and in many other area. And this is without question my favourite. The service is of 5 star quality they are polite, helpful, very welcoming and provide service with a smile. The design, layout and lighting is again extremely smart. It gives the feeling of privacy, an ideal place for a night out with your partner. Most importantly the food is of real quality. Its light and fresh with real flavour in fact its a real hidden gem and I recommend it to anyone who loves good quality Indian food.

1  Thank henry s