The Green Dragon
Ranked #44 of 344 Restaurants in St Albans
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: As an old coach house that dates back to 1758, The Green Dragon became a pub several years later, steeped in history, with original features including the low beams and the fire place in the bar area. Julie has been the owner of The Green Dragon for 10 years and counting. We serve traditional home-cooked food, lunchtimes everyday, as well as evening food from Tuesday through until Saturday, and take pride in every meal thats sent out of our kitchen. We also host live music throughout the year with some fantastic bands, solo acts and acoustic live mic sets hitting the pub. A warm welcome is always received upon arrival and we hope to see you soon whether it be for food, drinks or a little bit of live music.
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

I go to this pub quite regularly since moving to the area and it is my favourite one. It has a great location by the river, is reasonably priced and the bar staff are very accommodating. Would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for some drinks and /or pub food.

1  Thank kirstyt113

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Had a visit to Colney and having read some reviews headed for the green dragon fo dinner. Very freindly atmosphere and staff . The service was excellent and so was the food my wife and our to friends went for sizzling prawns starter followed by the sirloin stake it looked great and I hoped I hadn't made a mistake going for the scallops followed by the rack of lambwhich was on as a special. I wasn't disappointed , fantastic dishes. A very good all round experience and very good value too.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Went to the pub because I've been told of it's very good food.
I wasn't disappointed my god it was was like heaven had been placed in my mouth
Sizzling prawns in galic yummy
Roast belly pork my god it was the best.
I've got to say I love the chef every one needs to visit this gem of a pub
We'll done very well done......

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Just walked past this pub on a Sunday afternoon whilst on the way to the lakes nearby. Very generous portion for a roast. The veg were nicely cooked although I am not a fan of leeks. The meat were moist and potatoes were just about right. Yorkshire pudding is slightly on the burnt side and gravy is a bit on the salty side. Nice interior and outdoor views by the river! Good service from the staff and food arrived within reasonable time. Would recommend and probably visit again.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Took the family and my parents for lunch after visiting the DeHavilland Collection, chosen based on Trip Adviser reviews. Very nice pub food served by very friendly staff. Thatchers Gold on draught is always a plus in my book too.
Whenever I see onion rings on a menu I have to give it a go - I'm trying to find some as good as I had years ago at the Whistle Stop Cafe in Hyde Park, Ma. - these did not disappoint, certainly the best onion rings I've had in the UK.
Very nice location too - sitting outside not far from the river.